Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey and with the molle on the back one could mount a few of these.
That would give you a few more as well. One the video, I didn't pick it up at first but it looks like he has 5 shell cards on the Velcro outside the shell pockets and has 15 more. Of course for the KSG you would want 7 shell cards, so yeah, there are options if you want to expand.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Keep in mind. 12ga is heavy. And very rounds limited towards volume.
If you are going to stand your ground and fight. The gear gets lighter. But if you are going to run. Lighter gear is better.

The hitech KSG chest rig or the COPrig from SOE are good choices.

I personally have different set ups. I have a plate carrier with heavy and light a mix of both. And the chest rigs. I have a hiTech modified to wear by itself. And yo fit to my plate carrier.

But again. Its weight. Its what you need to look at. And keep in mind.

Not sure if you watch nutinfancy. But he is one of a few who talk about weight regularly. I laugh when i see guys with 24 extra rounds on their KSG. That means they are assuming to carry a 16pound weapon around? They never thought about it.

22 is always a good weapons upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I thought everyone watches NTF. It's a KSG shotgun, it's heavy. 12 guage rounds are heavy, I agree and there is no way getting around that. Sure there are things you can do to lighten the load.
I read your thorough review months ago on the hytec vest. I was going to buy that one eventually.

I actually ran that review through my head when I seen the Uncle Mike's but I liked what I saw and what it brought to the table.

And for the price, i had to get it. Compared to the others Uncle Mikes brings a few different options I like.

As Scootch would say "Thumbs way up".

·
Registered
313 Posts
Musician Musical instrument Stock photography Illustration
Flag Flag of the united states Sky Flag Day (USA) Cloud

I am not saying pick this or that. Just saying options are out there.

Just as you are totally different as i am. Your choices are based upon your mindset. And mine on mine. My mindset is defensive and reactive. I feel the fact we have open communist destroying unchecked in the streets of the United States of America... Wide spread Censorship, of the First amendment and Second... We have corruption in plain view and threats on and actions towards a duely Elected President of the United States. (Like him or not..He is our President and this isnt survivor.)

I plan to Stand with my Flag, My Country, and The Consitution of The United States of America and Defend my and your god given rights thru hell or high water that no goverment or ideology can infringe upon. And now is a fairly dark time towards a lot of things. And evil will only prevail if good men do nothing. And to defeat the dark. You need light.

So my thoughts are towards that line to protect my family, home and country. From enemies forigen and domestic. And when the call is made be ready to respond. And train. But. Those are my thoughts.

Reactions: jimboksg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keep in mind. 12ga is heavy. And very rounds limited towards volume.
If you are going to stand your ground and fight. The gear gets lighter. But if you are going to run. Lighter gear is better.

The hitech KSG chest rig or the COPrig from SOE are good choices.

I personally have different set ups. I have a plate carrier with heavy and light a mix of both. And the chest rigs. I have a hiTech modified to wear by itself. And yo fit to my plate carrier.

But again. Its weight. Its what you need to look at. And keep in mind.

Not sure if you watch nutinfancy. But he is one of a few who talk about weight regularly. I laugh when i see guys with 24 extra rounds on their KSG. That means they are assuming to carry a 16pound weapon around? They never thought about it.

22 is always a good weapons upgrade.
Correct you are my Friend. But most of all I do Is range shooting. I like having lots of ammo on me so I don't have to move to far to reload. ( I am not lazy I am a convenience enthusiast. ) True Back in my Military days tactical is the way to go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have seen that guys videos before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.