Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know which of Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holsters fit the P3AT the best? They show a model for "most .380s" with a size 2. They also show a model for small ".22 autos" with a size 1. I have the size 3 for my 642 and I can attest that it is too big for the P3AT. My gut is telling me that the P3AT is likely smaller than most (if not all) other .380s so I'm wondering whether dropping all the way down to the size 1 would actually be best.

(I'll get around to making my own pocket holster over the holidays, but right now I just need a $10.00 UM's to get me through.)

Thanks,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with USNCHIEF.
I carry mine in a #1 and it works great for a front pocket carry in Docker style pants. Easy to get to and draw. It also work very well in a back pocket of jeans.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am using a number #2 because initially it seemed to protect the trigger better and retain the trigger better.

I have been second guessing that though and plan on getting a #1.

The good thing about Uncle Mikes is they're only $11 at my LGS so I can afford to try both and then make up my mind. :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just saw this post and just happened to have one of those holsters laying around to modify.15 minutes later I have a rockin' holster to carry my P3 and a spare clip!I love it!Best 15 minutes ever spent! ;D

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
THE_HUNTER said:
Best 15 minutes ever spent! ;D
I assume you meant with you clothes on. :-X

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use a # 1 and carefully cut the stitches so it will ride about 3/4 in deeper. Stabelized the final vertical and horizontal stitches with sewn dental floss then contact cement and permanent marker when dry.
The muzzle now rides just above the bottom of the holster. Trigger is now protected.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Riverkeeper, do you happen to have a close-up pic of the new stictching you added? Keeping the trigger protected is my biggest concern but I don't want to go the #2 route as that will appear to provide too much material around the grip area. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry no pic and not really able to make one for a week or so.  Since you are going to make a holster soon I suspect you have the common sense and judgement and ability to modify one of these without a picture.

You can cut out MORE stitches than required and sew it back EXACTLY to where YOU want it to be.

The final vertical stitch is about 2.3 or 2.4   centimeters (about an inch) below where the top of the vertical stitching starts on the trigger guard side. If I did it again it would be to about the middle of the horizontal 1 inch wide addl fabric strap...another 3 mm lower than where it is now.  

The final horizontal stitch is about 5 mm (1/2 cm) from the vertical stitch line.  

I encourage you to try it and adjust the final result to be what you want.  I no longer plan to purchase another pocket holster .. this one is so minimalistically sufficient for my current pocket holster needs. It's a low rider too.

CAUTION-- extreme care when cutting the vertical stitches....stitch cutter suggested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.