Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought  new P-3AT and decided to clean it before taking it to the range.  I found that I couldn't remove the assembly pin.  Part of the head of the pin was inside the frame causing it to be jammed.  I am new to both the Kel-Tec and the Owner's Group which I explored extensively.  Without the knowledge I gained from the site, I doubt that I would have made the purchase.    

It would appear that I need to send it back to Kel-Tec unless anyone has a better idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you tried to remove it or just looked at it? I know on mine the frame has a lil lip around the assembly pin but it will still come out. Watch this video on how to take it apart. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SkU2eDPBes[/ame] If you still can't take it out them I would say send it off to Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It would be amazing for part of the pin to be jammed into the frame. Be sure that you are pushing the slide back about 1/4" to take the pressure off the pin while prying out pin. Please post picture if that don't work.

Craig

·
Registered
31 Posts
The lip will "give" and allow it to come through. If there's a little flashing around the circular cut-out you might remove it carefully with an X-acto but be careful not to cut too much into the acual frame. I use a thin screwdriver with a thin piece of cardboard under to keep from marring the bluing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the video link and the feedback. I got it out by pulling the slide all the way back and applying a bit of pressure. I will next do just a little micro-trimming at the tips of the cutout. You saved this P-3AT from having to make a round trip to Florida.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am glad you got it! I would have been shocked if it was actually jammed too far in the frame. You should only have to pull the slide back only a tiny bit to release the pressure on the pin.

Happy shooting!
Craig

·
Registered
305 Posts
Be sure to push down on the grip in front of the assembly pin while prying it out to ensure you don't dislodge the assembly pin spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to see you got it. Like I said when I first got mine it looked like the frame was going to make it impossible to take the pin out. Thankfully a few of my buddies have P3ATs or else I would have sent mine back.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
bro61 said:
[highlight]Be sure to push down on the grip in front of the assembly pin while prying it out to ensure you don't dislodge the assembly pin spring.[/highlight]
+1

It can be a real pain if that spring comes out of place, you'll have to remove the grip from the frame to fix it.

CJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts