Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click....rack slide.........click.....????WTF.....clickFTE.......drop mag rack slide inspect.......where did my firing pin go.....really .......well this cuts my range trip short. Weak

The screw that holds the firing pin came loose and noise have no firing pin or spring. You have got to be kidding me. I have put over 4k rounds through my Sig P250 and have had 0 problems. My PF9HK jams, misfeeds, and now just plain falls apart.
BTW I clean my guns after every use.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
There are only two ways that firing pin comes out: (1) if the extractor screw is loose (not the guns fault - that would be your fault for not routinely inspecting it, or if you removed it once but didn't use Lock-Tite when reinserting it), or (2) if the extractor screw is worn down from excessive dry firing (also your fault, as you are not supposed to dry fire the PF9). And it can only come out when the hammer is not in it's resting position (i.e., only when you have your finger pulling the trigger back, or when the slide is rearwards under recoil). Of course it can also come out when the gun is taken down for cleaning.

Are you sure you didn't just forget to put it back in when you cleaned the gun? I would think you might notice if this little spear came flying out of the backside of your gun towards your eyeball when you were shooting.

It sounds like you want to be a Sig P250 type of guy. Maybe you just stick with that one. I'm sure the Sig doesn't have any screws or other components that could come loose due to lack of proper routine inspection and maintenance.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
On the PF-9, the extractor screw also retains the firing pin. So if the screw came loose, it would allow the firing to fall out the back of the slide and fall to the ground. Likely this is what happened when you were at the range, and you just did not notice the firing pin on the ground. A quick call to Kel Tec will get you a new firing pin and spring within a couple of days. As far the extractor screw (I would ask for a new one of these also), it should be secured with a drop of blue loctite so that it cannot back out or come loose under recoil. That normally takes care of that issue.

Jim R

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
@haertig #### me you condensing #####.

Assumptions are for the ignorant, and the assumption I dont check, clean, and inspect my firearms after every use is absurd. I also inspect them before every use. Get off ur high horse. Also I dont dry fire any weapon I own EVER

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

Assumptions are for the ignorant, and the assumption I dont check, clean, and inspect my firearms after every use is absurd. I also inspect them before every use. Get off ur high horse. Also I dont dry fire any weapon I own EVER
I think he was merely pointing out the causes of your malfunction. There is no need to degrade yourself by using such language here.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Looks like a review of KTOG rules are needed. I don't think there is any room on the forum for name calling, personal attacks or obscenities, whether a poster likes a response or not.

Jim R

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sig p250; ~$450.00... kel tec pf9; ~ $250.00... you have to expect that 200 dollar difference to go somewhere. If I were you I would be glad for 2 things, the first being that you didn't receive an eye-ectomy from the loose firing pin, and the second being that the pistol failed at the range and not when some goblin was requesting your wallet...
That being said, any mechanical device will fail, cheap or expensive.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
@WhiteWidow21 - I reread your first post and my response. I was a bit harsh in the manner I responded. For that I apologize. I did present the facts, but in too heavy handed of a manner. Your initial post sounded like a rant and I lashed back at that. Unfortunately, screws have been coming loose ever since screws have been invented. For you to blame KelTec for that is a rant.

However, your second post was way over the top. Anything I may have assumed from your first post, you confirmed with your second.

So in retrospect, my first post was probably spot on. However, I did not have benefit of that retrospect at the time I posted, so my harshness was unwarranted since I was indeed assuming things. That gets you an apology, even though your subsequent post pretty much nails down my initial assumptions about your motivations as fact.

·
Super Moderator
9,977 Posts
I remember at a Kentucky Kel-Tec shoot, the extractor blew off someone's Sig and surprisingly it was hot enough to burn Tanya's neck. Take that, Sig fanboys! :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks like a review of KTOG rules are needed. I don't think there is any room on the forum for name calling, personal attacks or obscenities, whether a poster likes a response or not.

Jim R
Looks to me like there needs to be a review of the rules by both parties. There is no need to be condenscending when you reply to a post and don't make general claims unless you know. I see a lot of this on here maybe if we all play nice we will not have posts like this.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts

Thanks for the edit L4E.

WhiteWidow...

BLOW THIS!

Ban User
User Name: WhiteWidow

Move User to Usergroup Banned Users

Lift Ban After...
Select the length of the ban here: Permenent

Reason to show the user: Failure to meet minimum IQ requirement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.