Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched and haven't found what I'm looking for. What ideas are there for attaching a 2 point sling? I've got the alpha stock and have the rear taken care of with a simple loop of paracord. The front is kicking my butt though. I have the bipod handguard and don't want to change it. There's got to be a way!

ETA :

I saw the Noveske (I think?) QD install but I'm not a huge fan of QD

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the factory front sling attachment when I had the stock handguard. It was okay for what it was, but I prefer fixed position loops. When I put Zhukov handguard on, I installed Magpul sling loops.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the factory front sling attachment when I had the stock handguard. It was okay for what it was, but I prefer fixed position loops. When I put Zhukov handguard on, I installed Magpul sling loops.
I just downloaded your PDF for the Zhukov handguard. I may go that route. I like the length of the longer handguard personally. How much did the Z affect the weight and balance?

·
Registered
383 Posts
How much did the Z affect the weight and balance?
It wasn't a positive in regards of balance, but I wanted a solid handguard with a rail enough to tolerate it. I think it's a couple of ounces heavier, because it has a heat shield and mounting blocks.

I should mention that I found no way to install Zhukov without cutting away the plastic retainer for the stock handguard. With the retainer gone, I can never go back. Something for you to consider. I think Compact Forend can be swapped back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.