Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Savior_Sound said:
Not bad since a box of ammo is going for over $30 now-a-days.
Wow, I thought I got gouged by a-hole resellers at $45 per 100 rd WWB value pack of .380.  :eek:

As for the failures to extract causing double feeds, check your extractor tension...the leaf spring and hex bolt on the right side of the slide...make sure it's not loose.  And the chamber for any burrs or rough spots.  Smooth out as necessary.  Something is causing the extractor to slip over the rim of the fired case and leaving it in the chamber and/or the chamber is rough enough the case is getting stuck.  Check your fired brass next time (if you didn't save any) for areas on the rim where it looks like the extractor may have ripped through due to the case sticking in the chamber after it expands from firing.

I agree that cleaning it every 50 rounds is a bit excessive, but a couple of drops of oil on the rails can't hurt during an extended range session.  It may take some effort, but you'll get it sorted out eventually.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Another thing you can do, which I have done myself since I also have two P3ATs, is try running different components on different frames.  Try swapping entire uppers, barrels, etc.  I did that and ended up with a VERY reliable one.  For some reason, one of the barrels worked a lot better in the other slide.  I sent the "bad" P3AT back to Kel-Tec and they ended up replacing the entire gun with my old serial number on the new one.  It's a lot better than the one I sent in, but it's definitely not "carry reliable".  Wish I could get it running as reliably as my other one.  :-/

·
Banned
68 Posts
Little_Z28 said:
 My gun would fire, then dry fire.  I'd rack the slide and fire, then dry fire....I could load a magazine up, rack hundreds of rounds through it by hand with no troubles, but firing it cause the barrel to hit the extractor and knock it off the rim....good luck!
How were you dry firing it if you were experiencing double feeds? You cannot dry fire it with a live round jammed up against the back of a fired case still in the chamber. Disconnected trigger pull, yes, but definitely not "dry fire".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts