Two New Deluxe Slide Finishes Spotted today!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gbm5170, Oct 20, 2007.

1. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Hi all!  I was at the Tampa Gun Show today and noticed one dealer had some brand NIB P-3ATs with deluxe finishes (besides the standard blue, parkerized and hard chrome).  One was Satin Chrome and looked just like a normal hard chrome finish, only shinier!  Another one had a shiny Nickel plate.

I was itching to ask the dealer about them but he was busy and finally I gave up and moved on!  The prices were $339 on the Satin Chrome (I didn't think to check the Nickel price).  The regular HC was going at $329.

Anyone else seen any of these special finishes?  Perhaps there were some special batches run for that dealer, not sure.  Oh, I also noticed that the slide pins were also having the same finish and if I'm not mistaken, same with the barrels and extractors....should have paid more attention, sorry guys!  I know Wilson would have been interested as these little guns looked really nice!

2. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    umm I paid $275 + tax for my HC p3at and I thought that was plenty high.

3. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Yes, those prices ARE high!  The cheapest prices I saw at the gun show (other tables) was $249 for a blued P-32.  The rest of the prices were $270ish to as high as $349 for P-3ATs and P-32s.  For some reason Florida prices are quite high.  The cheapest HC model I remember seeing was $299.00 (forgot for what gun, P-3At or P-11). There were about 4 or 5 Kel-Tec dealers spread around the place.  As far as I'm concerned, this gunshow (Suncoast Gun Shows) is not a place for good deals.  Still I go a couple of times a year just to browse around.

The point of my post was to alert other KTOGers to the unusual deluxe finishes that I saw offered on NIB P-3ATs. If any Tampa area KTOGers are going to that show tomorrow. Those guns were on an end table on the Northeast side of the hall (or if you are entering the hall, they are on your left and down several table rows).

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Possibly a special production for one of the distributors like Sports South who has the navy blue grips made for their Kel-tecs only. Or maybe these will eventually be new offerings to all distributors. Options are good. :cool:  

5. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I’m not familiar with any Kel-Tec slide upgrades above matte hard chrome. If they were factory slides, it would seem Kel-Tec would be obligated to stock them as warranty parts. If they are after market and a slide replacement is required, there best be a dealer warranty on top of the factory warranty. I plan on having a P-3AT slide mirror plated by AW&P but only after a few hundred rounds through the barrel & slide.

Wilson – who’s always interested if there is some new bling :D

6. Wilson – who’s always interested if there is some new bling   :D
    [/quote]

BLING BLING!

[​IMG]

Mitch--- Really surprised Wilson did not post pics of his bling!

7. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    BT Shooting Middleburgh heights OH $299 hardchrome 2nd gen. No I don't work for them or get points for bringing their name up.