Featured Twisted Industries mag release

Discussion in 'P-11 & P-40' started by cvasqu03, Jul 27, 2020.

1. cvasqu03

cvasqu03 Member

Jul 16, 2005
    The Magic City
    I was hoping to hear from someone who'd installed the Twisted Industries aluminum mag release button on their P11's. I recently received it and installed it and it doesn't quite fit properly. Initially it was very tight getting it in, and once I got it in, I found that it was so stiff it wouldn't move freely. I could push it in to release the mag, but it would stay pushed in until I pushed it back in from the other side (yes, i did install the spring). Eventually I took it off again and greased it completely before reinserting it. I've been pushing it back and forth a lot to see if it eases up a bit, but it's still pretty stiff. Now it will kind of move but it's not a crisp movement, it's kind of mushy. I can push it in to release the mag but it's pretty stiff, and it will then slowly move back to its original position.

Did anyone else who installed it have problems with it? Was it necessary to file down the grip at all? Any input would be appreciated.

2. lklawson

lklawson Well-Known Member Supporter

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    What did Twisted Industries tell you when you contacted them about it?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. cvasqu03

cvasqu03 Member

Jul 16, 2005
    The Magic City
    I haven't contacted them yet as I just got this on Saturday. I figured I'd ask here first regarding any real world experience.

4. darkwriter77

darkwriter77 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Apache Junction, AZ
    I'd say either sand the aftermarket mag release button with some fine grit until it's "milled" down enough to move freely, or alternatively file inside the hole in the frame for the mag release button. Once you have it sized down where it moves more freely, use some finer grit paper to smooth it out/polish it, reassemble, and call it a day. I'd recommend sanding the aftermarket piece instead, since they're not making any new P11 grip frames (to my knowledge).

RAT76 likes this.