Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here.

I just sent my 2 month P-3AT off to Kel-Tec because it has a peening problem on the front of the slide around the guide rod hole.

Only 50 rounds!! >:(

Can anyone tell me what sort of turn-around time to expect from Kel-Tec?

Thanks

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Probably about 3 weeks. :-/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

After reading many of the stories on this board, I hope Kel-Tec gets it right the first time.

I was very pleased with this little gun, only one FTF in the first clip, and not a hiccup since.

Then, I learned of peening on this board and, sure enough, mine had a pretty bad case of it for only 50 or so rounds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Again, thanks for all the info folks.

I've read that sometimes Kel-Tec sends a free mag when they return a gun.

Has this happened to anyone here lately?

I think a free mag is a nice touch from Kel-Tec in exchange for the cost and hassle of having to have an almost brand new gun returned.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
alphonso said:
I've read that sometimes Kel-Tec sends a free mag when they return a gun.  

Has this happened to anyone here lately?  

I think a free mag is a nice touch from Kel-Tec in exchange for the cost and hassle of  having to have an almost brand new gun returned.  
In some circumstances (when they have screwed up for instance) they will offer to refund shipping up to a certain dollar amount. When they did that for me I asked them to just thrown in an extra mag instead and they were willing to do so.

-Scott

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, Wilson,

Should I figure that Kel-Tec has your picture up on the bulletin board in the break room-- ;D?

I understand. Williams Sonoma has a picture of my wife up in their break room. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.