Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Sis Launches Undercover TSA Spies To Ride Houston Buses
Feds to watch for suspicious activity, pre-crime behavior

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A new program in Houston will place undercover TSA agents and police officers on buses whose job it will be to perform bag searches, watch for “suspicious activity” and interrogate passengers in order to ‘curb crime and terrorism’....

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-to-search-bags-question-passengers-on-houston-buses/

From the article...
"According to Phillip Levine of the Houston Free Thinkers blog, shortly after Lee gave her press conference the operation went straight into effect, with DHS and Metro Police officers questioning passengers who were exiting buses about their destinations and their reasons for riding the bus."

Do they really need to know where I am going and why I took the bus. I ride the bus a lot going to and from work. I hope they don't stop me because I already told the wife that she will need to bail me out. There have been a few occasions that I have put my gun in my lunch bag and carried it with me. Wonder how they will react if they do a bag search and find it.
I am geting to old and grumpy to put up with this crap.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Dont quote me on this,
but seems I read or heard, thats exactly what the Isrealis have been doing for years.
They sure dont have idiots on their flights. hi jaccking or causing trouble.

Jim

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Dont quote me on this,
but seems I read or heard, thats exactly what the Isrealis have been doing for years.
They sure dont have idiots on their flights. hi jaccking or causing trouble.

Jim
But they sure do still have idiots blowing themselves up in buses.

Public transportation, such as buses, to be watched? For what? To do any good, they'd have to have metal detectors before you get on the bus and then that would f' those of us who are legal and carry legally.

They can't do anything about crime, so they are going to start treating everyone as guilty? Is that really going to stop the criminals?
Doubt it....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Though I don't ride a bus, I would think or expect at some point a random search, i.e. drug sniffing dogs, metal detectors... Just as any other public conveyance probably does from time to time. Are they gonna ask every passenger, or the ones who seem antsy..so to speak. Most times when we hear of new violations of our rights it comes from the law abiding side of the community, yes, we are inconvenienced.. how dare they suspect me of something. I'm not saying bow down to Big Sis or Bro, just use common sense in such arenas. Rule #1 would be "Don't be doing anything illegal, and you'll have no problems."

IM2, I was typing as you were posting, so I didn't get to read you're response before I posted. As in not responding to you're particular post.:eek:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Though I don't ride a bus, I would think or expect at some point a random search, i.e. drug sniffing dogs, metal detectors... Just as any other public conveyance probably does from time to time. Are they gonna ask every passenger, or the ones who seem antsy..so to speak. Most times when we hear of new violations of our rights it comes from the law abiding side of the community, yes, we are inconvenienced.. how dare they suspect me of something. I'm not saying bow down to Big Sis or Bro, just use common sense in such arenas. Rule #1 would be "Don't be doing anything illegal, and you'll have no problems."
Believing that if you don't do anything illegal, you'll have no problems, is somewhat foolish.

There have been plenty of people(my brother included), that did nothing wrong and got beat/arrested and or locked up in jail, while doing nothing wrong.

It happens, may not happen all the time, but it happens enough.
I think needlessly inconveniencing people does no good at all and it gives police the opinion that they can stop and search you on a whim.
There's reasons the founding fathers found certain rights extremely important.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Believing that if you don't do anything illegal, you'll have no problems, is somewhat foolish.

There have been plenty of people(my brother included), that did nothing wrong and got beat/arrested and or locked up in jail, while doing nothing wrong.

It happens, may not happen all the time, but it happens enough.
I think needlessly inconveniencing people does no good at all and it gives police the opinion that they can stop and search you on a whim.
There's reasons the founding fathers found certain rights extremely important.
I do agree. Sometimes when I try to make a point it doesn't come across as meant. My father was run out of Plattsburgh when he was 15 for defending his person. I know what it's like to be stopped by a supercop in the back roads and take a hit or two just to take your beer away BTDT. I also agree that legal carriers being called out in public is not in the best interest of the 2nd. The problem I see is one yahoo is gonna get an ied on a bus here, and the flak from it not being stopped will be louder than we've heard to date.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, "Those who give up freedom in exchange for security, in the end will have neither freedom nor security."

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
"Don't be doing anything illegal, and you'll have no problems."
If only that were true. Just ask my son. He's a very nice and very law abiding person. But he has a few tatoos. He has been the target of harassment and insults from several police officers. I have nothing against police officers, being friends with many of them, but there are some bad apples out there. Don't think that being law abiding will help you out any when you run into one. I think the problem will worsen when we see general powers of interrogation given to people on a personal power trip in a low status job (can you say "TSA agent?")

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
From another thread guys, just call me dumb-butt. I kinda live by two rules.

I don't trust a man who won't shake my hand and drink a beer with me.

And Chestys' "Take me to the brig, I want to see the real Marines"

I is just stuck in my ways. I do so love you guys. h- been tatted from Texas to the Philippines. PF- just going off memory.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I believe when it comes to transportation you can not be "to Safe".

I therefor routinely question myself when getting in my car, or when stopping in route.
If I do not like my responses I play it safe and call 911 on myself.

I may get arrested for no reason, but I will sleep better at night knowing I did my part to protect myself from me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts