Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 I've got fairly long, thick fingers and the trigger doesn't feel right where the final several millimeters quickly curve forward.

I've considered whacking the final 2-3 mm to both open access and feel more natural (like a revolver?).  I am concerned this may make the trigger stroke FEEL even longer, or BE too long or too hard  ... I doubt the latter cuz my other handguns are revolvers.

Anyone tried this?

I read somewhere that using a Dremel to fine cut plastic is easier when the plastic is frozen.  Might sand it instead.

EDIT: One more thing. I wear tight gloves some of the time in the 'combat zone' .. I doubt the gloves would roll under and obstruct the pull but I thought about it.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Yes, I did this on both my P-11 and P-3AT. Like you I found the "hook" at the end uncomfortable. I took off about 2 - 3 mm. I more or less straightened the bottom end of the trigger which effectively shortened it about that 2 mm or so.

I started with 100 grit and worked my up to 1500 grit. 600 is far enough but I tend to get carried away. I didn't notice any change in the trigger pull.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut about 3 mm from the trigger with a Dremel cutting disk...no problem. Used chalk to mark the edge of the intended cut .. that worked too as would white out, bright sites and other stuff. Smoothed with a buffing wheel and 600 grit paper.

Seems like the hoped for improvements were achieved but only shot snap caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.