Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this since I bought my p3at. Would it be possible to machine a hole in the slide to allow the insertion of a vial of tritium? I've thought of either drilling a slanted hole into the sight post, or milling off the whole sight and somehow fitting the tritium vial on top somehow. Anyone have any ideas on how this would work? I don't necessarily need the front and rear sights done, but the rear would be much easier to mount the tritium I think. Any suggestions or thoughts? thanks.

G

·
Stopsign94, I looked into this several months back. I ended up milling the entire front sight off and drilling/tapping for a Marbles Tritium shotgun bead. My original plans were to drill a hole through the stock front sight and stuff a piece of fiber optic tube from one of my bow sights, but there wasn't enough material to drill through and I needed a way to get more light to the tube to make it more visable. So that idea went by the wayside. The shotgun bead has worked out very well, I needed to make a few mods to my holsters due to the sight being taller, but overall I like it.

I tried everything to get a copy of my pictures on this post but I couldn't get it to work. If you would like, PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you the pix of the sight and what I did to the holster. Moondo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.