Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When it comes to S2K triggers, we have a few that we can choose from.

As promised, here is a Side-by-Side visual comparison of three of them.

Left to Right in first image.

1. Kel-Tec 'craptastic' Plastic (the razor sharp edge & center ridge have been sanded down)
2. MCARBO Aluminum (new on the market)
3. Performance Services Aluminum (my personal favorite)

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nicely done.

I put 75 rounds through my sub 2000 today with the Performance Services aluminum trigger.

Inexpensive upgrade that adds massive improvement to the function of the gun.

·
Registered
670 Posts
When it comes to S2K triggers, we have a few that we can choose from...visual comparison of three of them...2. MCARBO Aluminum (new on the market)...
The Mcarbo trigger looks a lot like the Aztec, minus the ribbed face. Just got the Mcarbo 3-Spring kit in today's mail. Hope to have the same performance improvement as you guys...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an MCARBO on the way for mine. Looking forward to installing it.
The installation video MCARBO produced for their spring kit is EXTREMELY helpful to anyone opening up their S2K for ANY reason... Take your time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The installation video MCARBO produced for their spring kit is EXTREMELY helpful to anyone opening up their S2K for ANY reason... Take your time.
It looks like there's a new video just for the trigger replacement!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwcsavlAA2U[/ame]

THere's one spring in there that I found particularly challenging, so I would have been lost without the video.

That said, I didn't find it necessary to take the gun totally apart (as in the videos) to do the trigger replacement. I only took the screws out of one side of the gun and left the other set attached to the posts in the gun.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Performance Services LLC is almost finished designing a new trigger... it will be heading for production soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got around to replacing my trigger today, and to be honest, I should have gone with a different one. This one seems a bit short, and "pinches" my trigger just like the stock one.

It does improve trigger pull, along with a trigger bar polish, but the pinching is very disappointing. Oh well, it will have company in the box of parts I have bought over the years that didn't work out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmm - new trigger?

Performance Services LLC is almost finished designing a new trigger... it will be heading for production soon.
Good to know! Might give this one a try with the new spring kit from Mcarbo; using the Aztac one for a year & it's OK.
Let me know what you think of this one, H2OMAN :thankyou:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
a skeletonized version

Any idea what will be different from the one he already has on the market? (which is the one I currently use).
Here is the email I received:

Hello,

This is Todd Jensen at Performance Services LLC. I am sending you this email to inform you of our new products release.

For the Generation 2 Kel Tec Sub 2000 we have developed a picatinny rail optic/laser mount that attaches to any of the M-Lok slots on the sides of the hand guard. The picatinny rail attaches directly to one of our proven handguard stabilizers and a wide pancake nut inside of the handguard. This mount effectively eliminates all handguard movement and side wall flex insuring a solid, zero repeatable foundation for mounting any optic or laser.

For the Kel Tec SU/PLR Series of rifles and pistols we have developed a replacement trigger. This new trigger is made of aircraft grade aluminum to eliminate flex and precision machined for maximum comfort. We offer a standard version and a skeletonized version to give your favorite SU/PLR a noticeable, distinctive look.

We have also reduced the price of the Kel Tec Sub 2000 Generation 2 Quick Detach Butt Stock Sling Mount. The new price is $49.99 reduced from $52.00. Performance Services strives to make all of our products affordable and will reduce pricing when possible.

Our website link is below, so please give our new items a look, and be assured that more are on the way.

Thank you and Let Freedom Ring,

Todd J. Jensen, Proprietor

Performance Services LLC

2245 FM 969

Webberville, TX78621

http://www.performanceservicesmachining.com/

·
Registered
130 Posts
"For the Kel Tec SU/PLR Series of rifles and pistols we have developed a replacement trigger. This new trigger is made of aircraft grade aluminum to eliminate flex and precision machined for maximum comfort. We offer a standard version and a skeletonized version to give your favorite SU/PLR a noticeable, distinctive look."

Isn't this trigger for the SU-16 and SU-22 rifles and not the Sub 2000? Or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.