Trigger

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by larpa, May 21, 2010.

1. larpa

larpa New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    I haven't been on the forum for a long time, and never on the P3AT. Just got mine last night. I've had a P11 for years (original SS), and a P32 for maybe 3 years. The 32 is in my pocket in a Nemesis holster almost everywhere I go. I decided it was time to go to a bigger cal for everyday carry, thus the 380. I put 20 rounds thru it this morning. 95 gr ball fed and ejected flawlessly. Federal hydra-shok, 2 FF. I polished the feedramp, but haven't shot anymore HP's. 'Till I do I'll carry HP in the pipe and ball in the mag. The only criticism I have is th epoint at the bottom of the trigger. That thing really bites. Has anyone filed this point off with success? Other than that I like this little powerhouse. Thanks.

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I had the same problem with my PF9 but not my P3at. I have read of some people sanding or modifying the shape of the trigger with a hair dryer (I haven't tried this). What I did was put 2 layers of electrical heat shrink tube over the trigger. That solved the problem for me and makes the trigger much more comfortable IMO.

If you do file or sand the trigger just be careful not to remove too much, the trigger can be a little bit of a pain to replace.

CJ

3. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    A little light sanding of the trigger, and perhaps file the tip off round (being very careful not to remove too much) may help. This worked well on my PF9, but I did not have to do so on the P3AT. In both cases, wish the trigger guard was just a little bigger, but works ok for a mag or two, which is all you would ever use in a real world situation, so not a real problem.

Jim R