Trigger went slack, Trigger pin?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by CJP32, Jul 15, 2009.

1. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I was at the range with my P3AT and as I was shooting a magazine I had a FTfire it just clicked. I cycled the slide and another click with no mark on the primer. The trigger felt slack, I could pull it and the hammer would only move slightly. I packed up and headed home a little upset naturally. I was shooting a mix of DPX, BB Gold Dots and American Eagle.
    The P3 has about 75 rounds through it. S# K1Dxx. I gave it a basic F&B but have never removed the frame untill tonight.

After a few searches here I found the possible malfunction caused by the trigger pin moving out and that's what it appeared to be. I have tried to tap the pin back in but no luck so far. The pin is angled to one side and I can't seem to get it any further into the trigger using a punch and small hammer. I even tried to line the pin up better with a small screwdriver and it still won't move. Everything else appeared normal as I disassembled the P3 but it's only like the 4th time I've removed a KT's frame so I might have missed something. Any Ideas would be helpfull.  :-/

Here is a picture of the trigger pin.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

CJ

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Ok so I'm pretty confused now.
    I reassembled my P3 after the usual clean and lube. Then tested it with a snap cap and the trigger worked normally. Thinking it was a fluke I dry fired it about 50 times with the snap cap and it seems to be working fine.
    I was wondering if the recoil of the "+P" Buffalo bore ammo could have caused the problem?

I won't carry the weapon untill I am sure that this won't happen again so the P32 is back in service full time.

CJ

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Maybe the trigger spring came out of the groove in the trigger bar?

4. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I guess that could have been the cause but I still really don't like the way the trigger pin looks. I don't know if I will just test fire it and see how it works or if I will call KT and get a new trigger and trigger pin. I guess I would feel better if I was sure how to keep this from happening again as the P3AT was my daily ccw.

CJ