Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range with my P3AT and as I was shooting a magazine I had a FTfire it just clicked. I cycled the slide and another click with no mark on the primer. The trigger felt slack, I could pull it and the hammer would only move slightly. I packed up and headed home a little upset naturally. I was shooting a mix of DPX, BB Gold Dots and American Eagle.
The P3 has about 75 rounds through it. S# K1Dxx. I gave it a basic F&B but have never removed the frame untill tonight.

After a few searches here I found the possible malfunction caused by the trigger pin moving out and that's what it appeared to be. I have tried to tap the pin back in but no luck so far. The pin is angled to one side and I can't seem to get it any further into the trigger using a punch and small hammer. I even tried to line the pin up better with a small screwdriver and it still won't move. Everything else appeared normal as I disassembled the P3 but it's only like the 4th time I've removed a KT's frame so I might have missed something. Any Ideas would be helpfull.  :-/

Here is a picture of the trigger pin.

Thanks in advance

CJ

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I'm pretty confused now.
I reassembled my P3 after the usual clean and lube. Then tested it with a snap cap and the trigger worked normally. Thinking it was a fluke I dry fired it about 50 times with the snap cap and it seems to be working fine.
I was wondering if the recoil of the "+P" Buffalo bore ammo could have caused the problem?

I won't carry the weapon untill I am sure that this won't happen again so the P32 is back in service full time.

CJ

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sangueffusor said:
Maybe the trigger spring came out of the groove in the trigger bar?
I guess that could have been the cause but I still really don't like the way the trigger pin looks. I don't know if I will just test fire it and see how it works or if I will call KT and get a new trigger and trigger pin. I guess I would feel better if I was sure how to keep this from happening again as the P3AT was my daily ccw.

CJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts