Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earley from gunbrokers offering an upgrade trigger now comparable to the Aztec offering. Not sure I'm really wanting to tear mine apart again as the heat shrink trick works for me. Already spent enough on the few upgrades I've done so far. But if anyones interested in an alternative to the Aztec
trigger here ya go.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548467955

·
Registered
574 Posts
Have to say I am happy with the trigger the way it is. Thought the face of it was a little rough but went through a box of target ammo with no adverse affect on my trigger finger. The pull seems good but not great. It is something I can live with. Maybe I am not anal enough in that regard. Time will tell.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Sub felt a little weird when I pulled the trigger. It felt like the trigger was bending as I pulled, but I think that's just the long pull. Felt rubbery. I think the best shrink mod would stiffen it a bit to make it feel crisper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Slightly off topic but related. I already changed out the trigger on my Gen 1 to a metal one, huge improvement. But yes, it was a PAIN to get out and put it back together. Are Gen 2's poly body halves glued together, and if so, how would you get one apart to change out the trigger?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Don't forget the little christmas tree shaped barbed piece of metal that holds the grip portions together where the magazine inserts.

If someone winds up getting this trigger let us know what you think. I guess until I've tried this one, the Aztec, etc..... won't know if its really worth the hassle. Honestly its not that hard to take the Sub2k Gen2 apart. Its just tedious and you have to be careful to not loose some of the extremely small sized parts that are inside. Especially the detent and spring which I always somehow manage to wind up on the workroom floor searching for no matter what firearm I'm working on that it's shot out of lol.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Dealing with that safety detent plunger and spring is the fun part about that job. It is not fun when you lose it but it sure is fun when you find it. :rayof:
Ordering spares before the disassembly is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Earley from gunbrokers offering an upgrade trigger now comparable to the Aztec offering. Not sure I'm really wanting to tear mine apart again as the heat shrink trick works for me. Already spent enough on the few upgrades I've done so far. But if anyones interested in an alternative to the Aztec
trigger here ya go.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548467955
What's the heat shrink trick? Any links to it?

Edit: Never mind, I did a forum search. I thought the trigger upgrade was about changing the trigger pull, but now understand it's about the roughness of the factory trigger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trigger replacement

I've always hated the trigger on my sub2k gen2. I filed and smoothed it and put on some shrink wrap and that helped a lot - but it's still stiff and feels like it flexes. I've hesitated to try to replace the trigger but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the earley version and give it a whirl. I have his folding rear sight and single point sling mount already and am quite pleased with the quality of the stuff he makes. While doing some research on this I came across a "Trigger Spring Kit by MCARBO" http://www.mcarbo.com/store/c/37-Kel-Tec-Parts.aspx and am thinking of installing it at the same time. I don't have any experience with MCARBO so I'm not endorsing their product here. But what I AM endorsing is their youtube video on installing their spring kit. Best I've seen yet on disassembling and reassembling a sub2k so I thought I'd share the link [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esszYk5daw[/ame] - if I go ahead with this I'll provide some feedback on the spring kit and trigger.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
That is a great video! I didn't read or hear the differences their springs have with the factory ones.
Oh, the last few seconds reveal about 2 pounds lighter trigger pull. (Note to self: put on wish list.) Again, great S2K disassembly/assembly video.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the spring kit. Just ordered one.

I have the earley trigger sitting here. Just haven't had the time to install it yet. I'll wait for the spring kit to show up now. This video will be very helpful. The trigger looks very nice and has a smooth face which is what I prefer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trigger Upgrade

Yeah, I couldn't resist either so after posting I immediately ordered the earley trigger and the spring kit. From the gunbroker pictures that trigger really looks nice! Hopefully a little judicious polishing of the parts, the spring kit and the new trigger will give me something a lot more acceptable then the factory setup. Now if we can just talk him (earley) into manufacturing a total replacement front sight for the gen2s ... :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grrr........ now I'm reconsidering this trigger and I swore I wasn't going to tear mine apart again lol. Since I decided the red dot thing wasn't going to work for me and not spending any money there I suppose it makes this a consideration again. Seeing all you guys go for it on yours isn't helping either. Thanks a million folks ;)

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Hold your horses, Keltec has already re-designed their front sight. They improved the adjustments, addressed the set screw issue, made it slimmer and sleek, allowing for a longer thread area to allow muzzle devices to have more grip. Should be put into regular production in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hold your horses, Keltec has already re-designed their front sight. They improved the adjustments, addressed the set screw issue, made it slimmer and sleek, allowing for a longer thread area to allow muzzle devices to have more grip. Should be put into regular production in the next few weeks.
Good news, 850sub ;) Do you have any pics?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.