Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time out with my then new P3AT I noticed that my trigger finger was getting a bit sore. When I got home I took a short piece of 1/4" shrink-tubing, slipped it over the trigger and heated it with a hairdryer to shrink it (cut it a bit longer than the trigger, then trim with a razor blade or small scissors).....instant "rubberized" trigger! It seems to help a lot. Also, I took some adhesive-backed friction material (a.k.a. skateboard tape) and popped out a bunch of dots with an ordinary hole punch. I've got 4 down the back strap, 3 on the front strap and 3 on the front of the trigger guard...and one on each side of the slide, all the way at the rear. It seems to provide a much more positive grip. I'm only up to around 150 rounds through my gun but so far, NO failures to feed or eject.....very happy with it!

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Darn right! You had a problem and you fixed it. Never thought about skateboard tape... Mine wears an Uncle Mikes slip-on grip for that. How do the little dots work for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They definitely help without making the gun fatter. I've got a bit of Arthritis in my hands and don't have the grip strength that I used to.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
I forgot my manners :( Welcome to KTOG and congrats on getting the P3AT!

How do you carry the gun? Have you noticed the rough tape hanging on the holster as you draw?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No holster for the Kel-Tec.....usually rides in the back pocket of my jeans. I have quite a few bigger guns that I could carry in a holster---I wanted the smallest, lightest gun in a reasonably powerful caliber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.