Trigger "slap"???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bib, May 15, 2011.

1. bib

bib Member

Jan 15, 2011
    The first time out with my then new P3AT I noticed that my trigger finger was getting a bit sore. When I got home I took a short piece of 1/4" shrink-tubing, slipped it over the trigger and heated it with a hairdryer to shrink it (cut it a bit longer than the trigger, then trim with a razor blade or small scissors).....instant "rubberized" trigger! It seems to help a lot. Also, I took some adhesive-backed friction material (a.k.a. skateboard tape) and popped out a bunch of dots with an ordinary hole punch. I've got 4 down the back strap, 3 on the front strap and 3 on the front of the trigger guard...and one on each side of the slide, all the way at the rear. It seems to provide a much more positive grip. I'm only up to around 150 rounds through my gun but so far, NO failures to feed or eject.....very happy with it!

2. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Darn right! You had a problem and you fixed it. Never thought about skateboard tape... Mine wears an Uncle Mikes slip-on grip for that. How do the little dots work for you?

3. bib

bib Member

Jan 15, 2011
    They definitely help without making the gun fatter. I've got a bit of Arthritis in my hands and don't have the grip strength that I used to.

4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I forgot my manners :( Welcome to KTOG and congrats on getting the P3AT!

How do you carry the gun? Have you noticed the rough tape hanging on the holster as you draw?

5. bib

bib Member

Jan 15, 2011
    No holster for the Kel-Tec.....usually rides in the back pocket of my jeans. I have quite a few bigger guns that I could carry in a holster---I wanted the smallest, lightest gun in a reasonably powerful caliber.

6. surfrider007

surfrider007 New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    same here. mine lives in my pocket