trigger shoes

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 82boy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. 82boy

82boy New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    I have heard of people getting trigger shoes for their P3AT, but I have some questions. First where is a good place to buy such a thing? Is there diferent styles, and if so what is the best? I remember when I was in the police accadamy they told us never use a trigger shoe on any gun, because it can contriute to a malfunction. What is everyone take on this?

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Be careful with trigger shoes. If the shoe is wider than the trigger guard it is possible for the trigger to be pushed back by the inside of the holster when holstering.

Bobo

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    KISS principal. The gun only has a 5 pound trigger so I see no need for shoe anyway.

4. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    The only gun that I would even consider putting a trigger shoe on would be a dedicated target gun. Never on a defense gun.

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Sound advise IMHO.

Bill K.

6. 82boy

82boy New Member

Mar 20, 2011
  7. Fl_Gunner

Fl_Gunner New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    A lot of people have posted that the shoe gives them a better feel for the trigger and eliminates some of the "bite." I tried one (purchased from the Kel-Tec store) on my PF9. Didn't really work for me. When I took it off I discovered some mars on the trigger where I had let the screws get too loose. Cleaned up by buffing the trigger.

I don't see the shoe listed for the P-3AT in their store. If you don't have a good feel for the trigger, you might call KT's service department and ask about fitting a PF-9 shoe to a P-3AT. I think they are close in size, but may not fit in teh trigger guard for enough clearance.

8. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Many here have used shrink tubing on the trigger. You can build it up one layer at a time. And even remove it a layer at a time until it feels right for you.

Bobo

9. 82boy

82boy New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Thank you
    Good idea.