Trigger shoe

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by garyg, Apr 23, 2008.

1. garyg

garyg New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    :-? I just ordered a trigger shoe from the mothership for my P3AT. Any helpful hints? I read that they can be a pain to install or keep installed? It can't be too complicated can it?

2. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    I didn't care for a trigger shoe in my P-3AT. I tried it once and due to the small size of the trigger guard, I thought it might present difficulties in getting my finger on the trigger in a pinch.  Others like it though. I use one on my P-11.

They tend to come loose after a number of shooting sessions. Install the trigger guard and align it where it needs to be and put the screws in tight enough so they will leave small indentations on the side of the trigger. Then take it off.   Get a very small drill bit and HAND TURN it on the indentations to make then slightly deeper. DO NOT use the drill.   Put some blue Loctite on the screws and reinstall the shoe.  It should hold tightly now and can be removed if necessary.  

Try it first before using the drill bit to make sure you like it.

This is a variation of this mod for the P-11;

http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks8.htm

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  4. garyg

garyg New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Thanks for the advice. Il pick up the things I dont have so to be ready to play when it arrives :)

5. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    My apologies - I haven't been around for a long time.... :'(

I tried the trigger shoe.  Pretty much trashed my trigger.  Walt's making up some wide triggers (someday) that probably will be much better.  I've been waiting to replace the mag release and the trigger together.  Someday....

(I may make Walt install 'em - he's only about 20 miles away if he'll do it.)

Problem with the shoe was that it just didn't want to stay put, and even the indentations with a drill bit didn't help, but in the process it was possible to tighten the setscrews up too much....

You can't glue anything to the existing trigger (which probably would be a better way to go - driving a setscrew into plastic may not be a good approach) because it has to fit into the slot in the frame.  Guess you could cut that out a bit, but I was looking for a "don't open the box" mod....

The really funny thing - putting the shoe on there helped me quite a bit - my trigger finger's kinda chubby, and tends to wrap around the trigger, which pinches me.  Helped enough to trash the mag relase :D....

Someday....

Regards,

Stu.