Trigger Shoe?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tommyray, Oct 7, 2008.

1. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Would be interested in any input on trigger shoes. do they make the trigger more comfortable to pull? Will they fit with an Armalaser attached? Thanks...

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    i am not sure the kt shoe would work on the 380, the width of the shoe might cause it to catch on the thinner frame of the 380...i would question use on the pf9 also....gpr

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    KT offers them as specific accessories for both models. Also, I have read posts for both where members have installed the shoes on both models. Just no reviews...

4. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    tommyray:

I bought one from KT for my P-3AT.

Really worked great, but it let me shoot the thing enough to trash the magazine release AND trashed the plastic trigger.  It just wouldn't stay in place.  I put some dimples in the trigger to give the setscrews a little hint, and it just made it worse.

Packer has been sending me a new metal wide trigger for almost a year - but he warned me that it would take a while.  (Neither of us expected this long.  I'm patient....)

IAC, for the P-3AT, forget the shoe....

I have one on an ancient S&W M10HB (.38Spl revolver).  That one works fine.  It's been on there since about 1970. These are generally NOT recommended for carry guns - they may snag on a holster, being at least as wide as the trigger guard, if not wider.   It looks like a non-issue here....  The P-3AT's trigger width is roughly what space is available to fit through the plastic bottom part of the gun (the "grip"), which, for me, isn't quite wide enough.  My chubby finger wraps around the stock trigger, resulting in a nasty pinch when it fires.

Regards,

5. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    i have the smooth trigger shoe and love it. i have the ctc laser so the shoe is not as wide as the guard because of the extra laser width. the key for it to not fall off without gluing it is to put an additional 2 set screws on the other side of the shoe. i went ot the local "nut house" and bought 2 set screws approximately the same size (slightly bigger dia) and the appropriate bit and tap. $6 for everything. easy job. i didnt even use a drill press, which i have but all you need is a drill. i also drilled small dimples into the trigger for extra hold. put some blue loctite on and that thing is not coming off. the four set screws are the key. i can remove the shoe if i have to take it apart. i even did one for my GF and my dad. they both love them. they both have lasers too so there is no overhang. i feel that i shoe a lot better with it. it seems like the trigger is more predictable now which helped me from flinches. JMO

6. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    There is a similar discussion in the PF9 section. My related comments can be found there - I don't like the trigger shoes.

Take a look HERE

7. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    if i didnt have success with mine, i would probably hate them too. i had nothing but positive results with mine. if you attach it the right way to begin with, they are a great add on. so far my GF, my dad and I have had absolutely no problems. only a couple hundred shots through it but i dont see it coming off anytime soon.

8. Chris_L.

Chris_L. Guest

I did not like the trigger shoe at all. It isn't very secure if you install it as per the instructions. It was wider than the trigger guard. I have nothing positive to say about it and would not personally recommend it.