Trigger Shoe - Is It Good?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gilbertfamily2000, Dec 18, 2007.

1. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Hey all,
    I searched for "trigger shoe" on the website, but only found 2-3 remarks that deal with the trigger shoe. Is it worth getting? Does it hinder the gun from going into a snug holster? Does it stay in place, or do the set screws wiggle loose often?

Thanks,
    GoVols

2. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Save your money. From what I have read, they are more trouble then they are worth. If your trigger is hurting your finger, do a little sanding on it.

3. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
  4. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    What flounder said, +1.

5. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Sirs, I put about a half inch section of surgical tubing on my trigger and it has been a huge help to me. It stays in place, reduces the shock, and serves as a bit of a trigger boot as well, as the trigger seems to have less distance to travel to set up the next shot.

[​IMG]

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    IF you add anything to the trigger, consider if the trigger is thicker than the guard when you push the pistol into a tight holster, or pocket. By makiing it easier for your trigger finger, don't make it easy to ND (yes it would still be negilgance)

7. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    VERY good point, but, no, it seems to fit. Everything slides like glass.

The tubing is thin but lined inside with something kind of silicone. It's from my mother's old stethoscope, which is a kind of high-class brand, though antique. When I slipped the tubing onto the trigger, the clear gel shifted around to the front and back, exactly where it was needed. I went from having a gun I couldn't really handle to one that I could. It helps even more than the bicycle tube grip (not shown above). Of course, YMMV!

8. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Just put one on mine, so we'll see if it works out. My finger was killing me after 50 rounds

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  10. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    sand down all grooves and get everything smoother no sharp edges helps a lot