Trigger release & FTFire

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Celtic_Warrior, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    It seems if I don't fully release the trigger (sometimes removing my finger completly to the index position) I get a no fire/light strike. I have an Armalaser and it fills itn the front of the trigger guard a little and I'm thinking my finger is stopping the trigger from going all the way home.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    You are probably not releasing the trigger enough to reset it. If you have big fingers, the Armalaser may be getting in the way.

Try this after unloading and clearing your gun:
    1) Rack the slide
    2) Pull the trigger and hold it fully back.
    3) Slowly release the trigger and listen carefully for clicks. Do you hear TWO clicks?

The first click is the hammer block resetting. The second is the trigger bar resetting. You must hear two clicks or the next time you pull the trigger either: 1) you have the new style of hammer block and you won't be able to pull the trigger at all; or, 2) you have the old style of hammer block and you will be able to pull the trigger but the hammer will just fall off the hammer block. In the latter case, had the gun been loaded it would not have fired.

If you hear two clicks and the gun still won't fire we have another problem we'll have to look further into. Please get back to us on what you find.

3. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    THX, that's what I thought was happening.

I just tried what you have suggested and didn"t hear anything but I'm a little deaf. I'll have to find some young ears to check it for me.

4. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Actually, all you need to do is pull the trigger while holding the slide back. It will be limp, which is normal. Then release the slide, and slowly release the trigger, listening for the clicks. (Obviously, make sure your gun is empty when doing this.)