Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb request but, has anyone in this forum actually measured the trigger pull of a P3AT. I think that it feels reasonably light but if I were guessing, I'd think that mine was about 6 pounds. Thanks in advance for any replies!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
All my glocks and KT's have about 5lb trigger pulls (my P11 has Packers LHS/IFP mods). A couple of weeks ago I shot one of my buddy's Springfield 1911's with a sweet SA trigger. I was all over the place with that thing - broad side of the barn accuracy at best. I guess my muscle memory is pretty much now tuned to 5lb.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well this got me curious so I check my P3AT, with about 300rds. thru it and a comercial Russian Mak with similar rd. count. No matter how I put the hook of the RCBS Premium Tigger pull guage on the trgger I was getting 6.5# pull on the Mak in single action it was 5.75. I new ther was no reason to try the Mak in double action cuz guage only goes to 8#. Ijust traded my Glock for a 1911 or I would have tried it. 1911 should be here Tues. I wonder how much difference Packers mods would make?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
just curious is the Mak's 6# trigger pull just enough travel to disengage a sear, like a SA revolver

Since the KTs 6# trigger pull is the long travel to pull the hammer back, that would be similar to the Maks >8# DA

for example, for the DA revolver I have, the SA trigger is <3#, with 0.02" travel, but the DA is like 15#s for 1/2"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.