Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gvaldeg1, Mar 15, 2008.

1. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    This is probably a dumb request but, has anyone in this forum actually measured the trigger pull of a P3AT. I think that it feels reasonably light but if I were guessing, I'd think that mine was about 6 pounds. Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I measured mine to be in the same ball park, with a 0.7" travel ;)

4. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    All my glocks and KT's have about 5lb trigger pulls (my P11 has Packers LHS/IFP mods). A couple of weeks ago I shot one of my buddy's Springfield 1911's with a sweet SA trigger. I was all over the place with that thing - broad side of the barn accuracy at best. I guess my muscle memory is pretty much now tuned to 5lb.

5. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    Well this got me curious so I check my P3AT, with about 300rds. thru it and a comercial Russian Mak with similar rd. count. No matter how I put the hook of the RCBS Premium Tigger pull guage on the trgger I was getting 6.5# pull on the Mak in single action it was 5.75. I new ther was no reason to try the Mak in double action cuz guage only goes to 8#. Ijust traded my Glock for a 1911 or I would have tried it. 1911 should be here Tues. I wonder how much difference Packers mods would make?

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    How much travel does the Mak have in single action?

7. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    I didn't really check but I can give it a whirl if your interested.

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    just curious is the Mak's 6# trigger pull just enough travel to disengage a sear, like a SA revolver

Since the KTs 6# trigger pull is the long travel to pull the hammer back, that would be similar to the Maks >8# DA

for example, for the DA revolver I have, the SA trigger is <3#, with 0.02" travel, but the DA is like 15#s for 1/2"