Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a previous post, I mentioned my chrome P-32 has a long trigger pull. TxCajun advised to check the trigger pin to see if it had worked it's way out, which it has. However, how do you get it back in without detail stripping the entire frame and if I must detail strip the frame, are there any good videos of the process?

Top photo is of the trigger pin in question, while the bottom one is of my other P-32.

Attachments

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you can simply tap it back in, at least you could on early guns. Some folks would put a dab of blue locktite on it first.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggerpin.htm
I've tried to tap it in with a punch with no movement TxCajun. A little concerned I might break something if I hit it any harder. There is a video on youtube about detail stripping a P-32, but it's dark, not very well executed and the guy had some issues getting the sear back in position. It's not the getting my P-32 apart that is off putting, but the getting it back together issue I sometimes run into. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the pin is that far out it may have gone past the small loop on the trigger return spring and hitting that loop may be what is giving you issues tapping it back in. The Northwood instructions give a nice detailed instruction with photos to illustrate how it should go into place. The Northwood trigger has a set screw to hold that pin in place, nice idea.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information haugrdr & Remington74. Very detailed step-by-step breakdown of the P-32.

Has anyone installed the Northwood trigger on their P-32?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
It's simple, they just feel better on my finger. I find the NW triggers to be the cure for Kel Tec finger-itis.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Received my Northwood trigger today, which meant diving into the full detail strip. As described in the tutorial, I did need to cut the nylon trigger down to remove the pin. Upon getting the pin out, there appeared to be some hardened red Loctite (my guess) on the tip, which was probably preventing me from tapping it back in. Anyway, since I had everything apart, I did a F&B and installed the Northwood trigger.

The red circle is the destroyed KT trigger, while the blue circle is of the KT trigger pin.

Auto part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.