Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was cleaning my gun I noticed the trigger guard was no longer locking in place when opened. It now is loose and wobbles up and down. I think it's either the spring or something that the spring rests on. Is there an easy fix for this? I'd rather not have to send it in if I can help it. Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Have you had the receiver halves apart? You may have just not seated the spring where it needs to go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never taken the receiver apart before. I just noticed it while I was opening the gun and saw that the trigger guard wasn't not snapping in place like usual. Instead, it was just sticking down loose.

I don't think it affects the shootability of the gun because I can manually close the trigger guard once the gun is open.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Okay. If the spring broke it's the first one i have heard of, but it's not beyond possibility. I looked at the disassembly pdf last night, but that area is not addressed, and the pictures don't clearly show the spring. I really can't recommend you shooting it like that though. The vibration from firing could well work it loose and if you are concentrating on your shooting you may not realize it until the front of the gun flops up in front of you from firing a round. :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good point 3wb, I will refrain from firing until I resolve the issue (even if it means sending it back).

Thanks for the input as always.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shawn @ KT recommends me sending it in so I will be doing that, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wise choice, Seminole Fan !
If something like that is wrong, you know it will get worse, before it gets better all by itself. It's a pain to send it in, and have to wait for it to come back. That said, better safe than sorry. Kel-Tec's warranty is as good as they get. They will stand behind the product, so let them take care of it for you.;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: I sent the gun in on 4/2/12. I called back today and they said it was just finished this morning and will be shipped back to me tomorrow. I'm pleasantly surprised by their turnaround time since I was originally informed that the wait time for Sub2k repairs was a minimum of 6 weeks. I guess with such a minor issue they move them up in the line for quick repairs.

I'm sad to say that I will most likely be selling the gun. It may be just something about me but every time I've had to send a gun in for repairs, I end up not liking it anymore and quickly selling it off (it's happened to 2 other guns before; non-KT though).

Since it has been repaired once, how much will this effect the value of my gun? (hard chrome finish), thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Since it has been repaired once, how much will this effect the value of my gun? (hard chrome finish), thanks all.
What happens in Coco Beach, stays in Coco Beach. I understand your concerns, but it is still sad to hear. As popular as they are I don't think you should have any trouble moving it. Just don't let me find out you answered anybody soliciting a sale by PM. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10-4 understood. :) I will sell it at the next local gun show here in town.

Thanks again for your input 3wb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts