Trigger Fix Shrink Tubing

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Curt32, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Partial Quote:
    "After sanding my trigger to smooth it as much as possible, I covered my trigger in electrical shrink tubing. I put two pieces on it and it took the bite out of the trigger for me"  

Hi guys say this post on the PF9 portion of the forum and I was wondering if anyone has tried this technique on the P3AT trigger, mine is kind of uncomfortable that's the only thing I don't like about my P3AT other then that the gun is flawless with no failures in over 300 rounds not one. That was after polishing the feed ramp but that's it and a good lube and keeping it clean. But that trigger just bit's into my finger, but surprisingly I don't experence this with my PF9. Hay if anyone has tried this mod maybe you could post a few pictures and the procedure they used. Thanks!

Tom j.

2. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    A piece of surgical tubing forced over the trigger as far up as you can get it. trim it off slightly longer than the trigger. That stops the pinching.
    Heating with a hair dryer makes it more pliable.
    Norton

3. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I've got the shrink tubing on both my PF-9 and my P3AT. It works on almost any single stage trigger. However don't use it on two stage triggers like on Glocks or XDs. I can shoot my KTs all day with no trigger finger pain.

4. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

Say thanks! I assume this tubing comes in different sizes what size did you use for your P3AT and could you go through the complete procedure. Maybe someone could post a picture of the finished product.

Tom j.

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    They sell it in a small blister pack at Wally World in the automotive electrical department with various size pieces in it. You can also get it at most auto parts stores. I use a piece with a diameter just large enough to fit over the fat part of the trigger at its top. Cut to length just longer than trigger. Use a heat gun, hairdryer, or lighter. I use two layers. Apply one and let cool then add the second. It's really fairly simple to do.

It's hard to see in these pics but it's there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say that looks GREAT!! :eek: I'm sold Thanks for the picture. And I assume it's a lot more comfortable.

Tom j.,

7. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I have it on both my Kelties too. Great, and cheap, mod that won't affect anything except comfort.