Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently modified my PF9 where I under cut the trigger guard and now when I shoot my finger is high on the trigger and it pinches my finger at reset. (Retardedly long reset btw)

Has anyone had this issue and how did you correct it? I'm thinking about opening up the trigger slot like a button hole.

BTW, after doing this mod and shaving down the front of the extended mag base plate, I can now get a comfortably tight three finger grip on the pistol. It has really shrank my groups past 10m.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
The best way to eliminate trigger pinch is to install one of the aluminum triggers, which has a built in "pinch guard" in its desgin which eliminates this problem entirely on the the PF-9.

Jim R

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Is there only the one company making them right now?
I saw mention (a post some time ago) of some one else making a replacement trigger for the PF-9, but few details of what it is or does. So basically Pops Northwood Components is the only one making replacement triggers in quantity that I know of, and it is an outstanding product at a fair price. Pops (a fellow KTOGer) aluminum trigger replacement (entirely of his design and creation) really does make a tremendous difference in the "feel" of the PF-9, making the "perceived pull" lighter (without changing the actual pull), reducing both pre- and over-travel, and enhancing PF-9 controllability. I would highly recommend it as, I think, would all of those who now have one. Check it out at the Trading Post.

Jim R

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The other company was a holster company that actually advertised their trigger as being for the LC9...
But since the LC9 is a copy of the PF-9, who knows?

We know Pops' trigger (Northwood) works.

I guess it holds true... To every action, there is a reaction. In this case (if I read the original post correctly), your finger didn't get pinched until you undercut the trigger guard. Now that you can get all 3 fingers onto the grip, the cost of doing so created a new problem that needs another 'fix'.
Not criticizing, just an observation. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Rob that is it. I am a bit of a gun snob except in a few cases like with the pf9. The pf9 is like an empty canvas. Since keltec isnt really known for making hard use quality firearms i thought i would finish it the way they should have. This trigger should really get,the job done.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Found the other trigger...
It is made for the LC9, but says it will fit the PF-9 too... by a gentleman named Ross at RTK Holsters. I don't know of anyone here who's tried it.
Happy hunting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts