Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Trigger finger gets beat up again!

920 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Packer 
#1 ·
Rick at Armalaser thought that the laser would help this problem I'm having.

I shoot with the tip of my finger. If you look down at your right hand, palm down, the right side of the first joint gets slammed into the trigger guard.

The first time I had the KT out I came back with a raw finger. This time I used white tape, the kind used for bandages, and although it was sore and I could feel it, NO broken skin after 285 rounds today!

Is this due to my long fingers? Any other suggestions?

#3 ·
  Do not let go of the trigger too soon. The trigger guard cannot hit your finger if it is firmly holding the trigger back against the grip.

If it does hit your finger even with the trigger held back, then you are limp wristing, and the twisting gun is hitting the bottom of your finger.

In that case, strengthen your hand and use a 2 handed push-pull grip on the gun.

Packer.

#5 ·
I'm not convinced you can let go of the trigger before the gun is in full recoil. Once it breaks, the round is down range and the gun is in full recoil.

There just isn't time for anyone to let the trigger go forward purposely before the gun is in full recoil.

What is more likely to be happening is, your finger stays where it was, and the gun is going backward at a very high rate of speed.

A much firmer grip might help your hand & trigger finger go along with the gun a little sooner.

rcmodel

#12 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  Hence: Firmly holding the trigger back against the grip.

Packer.
Or install a rubber trigger stop of some sort. I have one made of those rubber "feet" that you stick to the bottom of appliances to keep them from scratching stuff.

It is right at the very end of the travel, so when the gun goes BANG, the trigger is being held firmly to the rubber stop.

Also, I have never had this problem with the trigger guard, even before I installed the overtravel stop.

#13 ·
Same problem here. I had hoped at first that the Bersa mag bottom would have fixed it, then I swapped out the recoil springs with the Wolff P32+, but... not so much.

My solution:

That's a Houge Jr. (trimmed of course), with a coulple of pieces of closed cell foam gasket I had laying around on the back strap, all wrapped up nicely in an A-grip.

Turns the gun into a little angel I tell ya.

#16 ·
Drug stores sell "Mole Skin" it is a product that is made for people with callaoses and/or bunions on their feet. It is simular to tape but much thinker. This product comes in strips. Just cut them for the front of your finger. Once this stuff is stuck on ..it will not come off easily and it will give you more protection than just plain tape or a band aid.

#17 ·
USNCHIEF said:
Drug stores sell "Mole Skin" it is a product that is made for people with callaoses and/or bunions on their feet.  It is simular to tape but much thinker. This product comes in strips. Just cut them for the front of your finger.  Once this stuff is stuck on ..it will not come off easily and it will give you more protection than just plain tape or a band aid.
  Your meaning is unclear here, but I THINK you are suggesting that he stick the moleskin onto the trigger guard, not his finger. Good idea!

You could also cut a piece off an Aglaser grip pad and stick it there. It is black and sticks like napalm.

Packer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.