Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell why the trigger on my P3AT has all of a sudden stop resetting. It will reset if I pull the slide back 1/2 inch. I've looked at the trigger and hammer and it appears the hammer falls too far forward past the sear and will not reset with out pulling the slide back. It did not do this previously. Only got about 250 rounds through the pistol. I did a search but did not find any information. Thanks for the time and trouble. Greysky

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Does it do this when actually firing? Or are you talking about dry firing? It's not clear from your posting.

If you're referring to dry firing then that's perfectly normal to have to pull the slide back to reset the trigger each time you "fire" it. If this is happening when actually shooting then you've got a problem.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
What Alamo said... and don't dry fire without snapcaps, if you are talking about dryfiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the responses, will not be able to fire until Friday after work to see if everything is OK. From the information I dont think there is any thing wrong here. I am familiar with the Glock pistol and the P3AT is working just like a Glock. My P11 resets automatically without the slide being pulled to the rear, I thought that the P3AT functioned with the same principle. Guess I'll have to carry the P11 today, seems big and heavy after the P3AT.
Thanks again gentlemen, maybe I can repay the information in the future. Greysky

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
The P11 has a different trigger system with immediate 2nd strike capability. The P3's hammer block system is different and does require retracting the slide about 1/4 inch to "half-cock" the pistol. Pulling the trigger does the rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.