Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many recommend the use of an eraser to serve as a bump stop for the trigger on the P11.

My question is, has anyone had success with different, non-hardening material?

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
I have some 3/8 inch medium-hard insulating foam that I will be trying out to see if it works for me.
The eraser fell off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had great success using one of those bumpers that go on the bottom of dvd players. I bought a package of 10 I think it was for just a few bucks at walmart. Found the sweet spot and glued the snot out of it and it hasn't budged since. It stops my trigger about 1/32'' or so after it breaks. Mine had nearly 3/16'' over travel before, yup about 3/16'' shy of a mile :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great, boose... hard to tell from the photo but is the native color black?

Would be nice to be able to ditch the magic market!

·
Registered
611 Posts
natlanta said:
That looks great, boose... hard to tell from the photo but is the native color black?

Looks clear to me. I think I'll give that a try, it seems like those dont ever get frail or harden or anything

·
Registered
37 Posts

It is clear. You may be able to find them in black with some google searching. The ones I found at walmart were clear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found these on Amazon... wonder if they would work.

Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet Black Bumpers 0.5" x 0.14" (pack of 100)

Sure get your money's worth in quantity... mebbe we should contemplate a group buy :D

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Found these on Amazon... wonder if they would work.

Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet Black Bumpers 0.5" x 0.14" (pack of 100)
It looks like what I have, only black. I used these Waxman bumpers in the 1/2'' size.

I don't have my mic with me but I would agree that the thickness is somewhere around .14''. Not quite 3/16'' but definitely a heavy 1/8''. The self adhesive would not hold it in place because of the contour of the grip. I loaded a snap cap and played with it in different spots until I found the spot where the trigger would drop without any extra effort. I didn't want to stage it, just eliminate the excessive over travel. I scuffed the plastic a little in that spot, applied some Krazy glue to the bumper, and stuck it in place. I then pulled the trigger and held it with some force against the bumper until the glue set. The bumper has stayed put for over a year now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very helpful information... looks like the .14'' might do the trick.

I'll order a pack and see how they work out.

"Defensas resistentes" on the label... gotta like that, right?!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got mine from a liquid pencil 2 pack that they sell at walmart which comes with 6 extra erasers that are already black, and then just superglued one on and filed it down and it has not moved on my P11 or P-3AT.

Attachments

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
A member once sent me an interesing one. Using an empty 380 case and a small mallet, he cut one out of a hockey puck. :cool:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I build up many layers of small pieces of electrical tape behind the trigger. Then it gets finished off with a large piece placed over them and the sides glued down to hold it more permanently.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know the fixes offered here are inexpensive fixes, however, I'm not sure why any p11 owner would not consider the Northwoods trigger - I know this is not a cheap mod, but it solves a lot of problems and improves the feel of the trigger dramatically. I am not a rep for Pops and I get no remuneration for saying so; just a very satisfied customer. After trying all the trigger "tricks" at some point in time with my Pf9's and P11's and P40 to make them feel better and function better, none has been better than the aluminum trigger that Dave offers. Just sayin. . . . . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts