Trigger bar problems.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Slatherd, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Slatherd

Slatherd New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I got my friends p3at here and decided to do a detail strip of his it for him. I got it pulled apart cleaned up and lubricated. I got it all put back together and the trigger bar wont set right. Obviously, it is supposed to lift up the side of the inside of the frame connecting at the bottom of the hammer.

I know I am not missing any parts, And otherwise, it functions correctly. I checked with the assembly drawing on Kel tecs website and all seems right.

When I flip the gun upside down and pull the trigger forward, it will reset and fire. When I cycle the slide, it resets the hammer, but does not reset the trigger. It's like the trigger bar is falling down and not being pushed up. What keeps it from falling down?

I have also found that if i slam the bottom of the pistol on the table, the trigger bar lets go as well.

What did I do??? Or not do?

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

3. Slatherd

Slatherd New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Sure'nuff!!!

Thanks! That fixed it!

4. msrdiver1

msrdiver1 New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    YUP. What he said. I spent 40 minutes scratching my head trying to figure out what I did differently than the man in the video. Now it is a snap to reset the assembly into the grip.