trigger actuation

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tweed, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i was sitting around dry-firing the 3at tonight trying different ways of gripping
    and actuating the trigger...using the finger pad, finger joint,  thumb placement and all that...

now on my glock and 1911 i use the pad of my finger but with my s&w 642 (revolver) i use the first joint...the standard double action method and i was wondering what method you people use pad or joint...after all the 3at is double action? do to the size of the 3at i am leaning toward pad less interference with my thumbs but for some reason i have to think about it with the kel-tec where as with the glock or 1911 it is just natural as it is using the finger joint with the revolver. :-/

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I have better accuracy and consistency with the pad.

Bobo

3. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    I use the pad of my finger regardless of the gun. If you're looking for accuracy and consistency then the pad is what you want. ;-)

4. :eek:

I hope you are using snap caps in your 3AT for those dry fire drills.

From page 13 of the current Kel-Tec Owners manual for the 3AT

If dry firing without a snap cap...the firing pin can peen and expand the firing pin hole, and also the firing pin notch can get beat up by the frankin bolt.

With the slide off- if the steel hammer is dropped down it can strike the aluminum frame and damage it.

5. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008

:eek:

I hope you are using snap caps in your 3AT for those dry fire drills.

From page 13 of the current Kel-Tec Owners manual for the 3AT

If dry firing without a snap cap...the firing pin can peen and expand the firing pin hole, and also the firing pin notch can get beat up by the frankin bolt.

With the slide off- if the steel hammer is dropped down it can strike the aluminum frame and damage it.[/quote]

yup Azoom...  a little confesion here ... i intentionally left out the part about using snap caps...
    i wanted someone to mention it again... because i think it is important... my friend who has had a p3at for years.
    dry fires his all the time... i am going to have him order a firing pin screw... and i am giving him one of my snap caps...
    it seems to hold true a lot of times men dont read the manuals...( i always read them first thing no matter what it is)

so again like Nu said and like the manual said NO DRY FIRING WITHOUT SNAP CAPS,,,,,,

6. ArtAttackTat2

ArtAttackTat2 New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    EXACTLY what Ape said!!!