Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several hundred rounds ago [unfortunately I didn't keep track] I decided to replace my old factory springs with Wolff extra power springs for the P-32. The idea was to reduce perceived recoil. Recently I started getting failures, some to feed and some to fully extract. I noticed the Wolff springs were now only about as long as the guide rod so I replaced them with new KT springs. Reliability has returned!!!In the past, if my failing mind is correct, the factory springs, even when well used, didn't take nearly as short of set as the Wolff.

Bottom line--My opinion is not to waste your money on the Wolff springs.

G

·
Thanks for the info... I had been thinking about getting a set of Wolf springs... Now I think I will save my cash.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think "not even possible".....

I've ran through the spring calculations trying to get a 13 pounder and the stress on the metal far exceeds its yield, even for the case of an "occansioanls use" spring that should be replaced every 2K cycles. That explains the shorting and weaking with use.

I've contacted an exotic spring manufacture that said theirs design and metal might work, but there was a hugh setup cost to make a 100 run test.

Interesting spring though, like an accordian.

·
Registered
611 Posts
possumgravy said:
Several hundred rounds ago [unfortunately I didn't keep track] I decided to replace my old factory springs with Wolff extra power springs for the P-32. The idea was to reduce perceived recoil. Recently I started getting failures, some to feed and some to fully extract. I noticed the Wolff springs were now only about as long as the guide rod so I replaced them with new KT springs. Reliability has returned!!!In the past, if my failing mind is correct, the factory springs, even when well used, didn't take nearly as short of set as the Wolff.

Bottom line--My opinion is not to waste your money on the Wolff springs.
Oh, NOW I read this.... I just sent $25.44 to Wolff Company for the Calibration Pack.
I was having an occasionaly FTF and was advised that my springs were probably weakening.
Since this is a second-hand gun, I figured this was/is a good idea.
I'll repost if I have any problems.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another forum member emailed me and reported using Wolff springs with much success. I also forgot to mention that others my feel a reduction in recoil over the factory springs---I didn't, but you might. So, if you try Wolff and recoil seems better and you have a program to replace them on a regular basis to prevent reliability roblems, there may be a benefit.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Do a search and you'll find that Wilson did a pretty good head to head test on the Wolf P32 extra power springs vs the P3AT factory srpings using the same guns. His analysis was that the Factory springs performed better. They are of very high quality chrome silicon and have the added advangtage of being cheap (50 cents + shipping) or ususally free from service. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.