Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What case is everyone using for transportin/storing the RDB?

I searched the web, and found an expensive case from Peak Cases. I'm looking for soft sided, with mag storage, exterior, or interior.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I like the ACE cases. I usually buy them at gun shows. I'm pretty sure I have a 30" case. I know the RDB will fit. I measured the length when I got it yesterday, and the case above proves it.

I was wrong. The ACE case I have is 34". I'll have to buy a 30" case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just learned about Sneaky Bags. They have some elongated bags in 27" perfect for RDB, if the optic clears.
http://www.sneakybags.com/store/covert-rifle-bag
SneakyBags are strongly recommended. Bombproof construction and designs copied by ripoff shops like 5.11 and Blackhawk. The rip off versions are always cheap materials and usually not any cheaper.

Mentioned it elsewhere, but I have used cheap tennis racquet and folding chair bags. SneakyBags are an investment not needed for carrying to the range, but if you are thinking bigger and want something durable, they are a good investment.

For a range case, I have been impressed with Bulldog cases. Decent zipper and less than Cordura nylon but well designed. I bought from Brownells at $30 or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the 34" bag. The RDB fits and is easily strapped in with the muzzle secured in the muzzle retaining flap. I would post a pic but I don't have a host sight. You can't go wrong with it. Plenty of space an installed optic (I use the PA 1-6x24) and an inserted mag. The Velcro buttstocks straps easily wrap around and secure the butt of the weapon as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use whichever one I happen to throw it in. I can't justify a $130 "Sneaky Bag" for the life of me. Works fine in everything from Blackhawk to Voodoo - with Voodoo being my favorite. 2 Rifles + pistols, mags, ammo and still feels like I have room for the kitchen sink...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same as Iamscottasus. I like to keep a low profile so I use a tennis racquet case. It has a couple extra pockets for my extra "balls";-)

Plus I kinda dig the looks of disdain that I get from the "Tacticool Operators" when I show up with my Walmart-special tennis racquet case.

Course when I pull out various registered SBRs and suppressors those looks usually go away pretty quickly. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
I have used cheap tennis racquet and folding chair bags. SneakyBags are an investment not needed for carrying to the range, but if you are thinking bigger and want something durable, they are a good investment.
I always thought of the racquet bags as a thing to get by with until I found something better. One thing for sure, that racquet bag isn't going to hold up to carrying long distances.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting thread. I've been using a double tennis racket bag for some time to carry my AR - upper in one pocket and lower in the other. I measured it the other day to see if the RDB will fit. It will be perfect.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't yoga, but doc says it will help with the oldman-ed-ness
the blue or pink would certainly help conceal. I'm sure you'd have to do some reinforcing stitching on the sling webbing, but hey why not....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.