Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
25 meaningful posts is asked for. Believe it or not it's pretty easy to get into a good discussion. By the time you hit 25 you'll have forgotten why it was such a big deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you will click on announcements up above and scroll down a little you will see in the forum rules about the trading post requirement.

Almost every forum I go to has this to keep the trolls and people who show up just to sell and not contribute to the forum.

This protects you and I, If someone sticks around to make 25 post they are more likely to be trustworthy IMO.

Randy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i guess that makes pretty good seance. well looks like i need to start talking to some peaple

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Just use common sense wheater, don't get offended by the first jack-butt that disagrees with ya, keep it civil. Actually the TP ain't all it's cracked up to be, the whole forum is by far more interesting.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
And I really wish when someone answers this question that they simply be referred to the forum rules, so they can see our reason for the 25 post minimum. Simply throwing that 25 post figure out there without a why has gotten more people in trouble than it helped. Such as making 12 posts over a 2 month period and then running up exactly 13 posts in 90 minutes to make the grade...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you go worry about something else other than what im doing. just an idea and go roll your eyes at someone else.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just barely got enough posts to see the trading post and already telling off a moderator because you weren't smart enough to read and understand the rules that were sent to you when you joined this site?
Where is that popcorn smiley?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasnt telling anyone off but i dont care if your a moderator or barack obama im not gonna tuck my tail between my legs. understand my rule?

·
Registered
944 Posts
that was intended for 3wbdriver who seems to have a problem with what i did.
I knew that.
He is the moderator of this forum so it is his job to watch what you are doing and I am sure he gets sick of newbies asking that question when it is clearly stated in the rules that get sent to everyone that joins this site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok well i must not have seen that, I didnt force him to answer that ? ''NEWBIES'' your taking this site WAY to serious buddy.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Why don't you go worry about something else other than what im doing. just an idea and go roll your eyes at someone else.
Unfortunately it is my unpaid job to watch everybody in here and what they post.

that was intended for 3wbdriver who seems to have a problem with what i did.
I thought I made my point quite clearly. Especially about the 90 minute run.

I wasnt telling anyone off but i dont care if your a moderator or barack obama im not gonna tuck my tail between my legs. understand my rule?
Feeling our oats are we (pun intended)? Have you actually gone and read the rules yet? I don't recall saying anything to make you feel a fight or flight response. I made an observation about members oversimplifying the 25 post rule, and new members NOT bothering to read or understand the intent of that rule. While the majority of your last 13 posts were good, thoughtful, and valid posts, the implied intent for them, and the objective of the 90 minute run, was clearly stated by you in this thread. Hence the observation. You weren't the first to be addressed about this and you won't be the last. Accept the minor rebuke as it was intended. Or dig in your heels.

Serve, volley, riposte. Back in your court.... ;)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
ok well i must not have seen that, I didnt force him to answer that ? ''NEWBIES'' your taking this site WAY to serious buddy.
I, for one, am GLAD he takes the site seriously. If you stuck around for a bit, you'd understand why. Most of us have become a 'family' here, and the moderators keep it clean and civil. It's unlike any other forum out there (and I'm members of many). The ones who keep a civil tongue and tough it out, learn this in short order.

I wish you the best. Have fun and stay safe on the range.

Cy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Options are wide open...

There are plenty of other sites on the net to buy and sell whatever. Most of them are free and don't require much more than joining their group... I won't list any here but they are very easy to find if you do a google search.

·
Registered
944 Posts
There are plenty of other sites on the net to buy and sell whatever. Most of them are free and don't require much more than joining their group... I won't list any here but they are very easy to find if you do a google search.
That is a big part of the issue. This is not a site to buy and sell. This is a site to talk about Kel Tec guns with other areas to discuss other guns, accessories and general topics and a small section where folks with 25 posts or more are allowed to post for sale or wanted items. This is a time tested rule that most here seem to like. If someone doesn't like it they are free to do the Google search and move on.
If you are here just to buy and sell you came to the wrong site.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I appreciate the fact that the site has a post requirement. It keeps the site focused on the purpose of helping the members get the most out of their Kel Tec's. Although I am a new member I have found great information not available anywhere else for my P3AT and PF9 for a long time and attribute it to the moderators keeping an appropriate discourse as well as baring people just trying to make a buck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.