Trading Post Violations

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by virtual-rj, Jun 17, 2008.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Some of you have decided to try to get around the Tading Post requirement by posting in the "Othe Guns" thread. Please note, these will be delted as soon as they are found, and all matters will be taken under advisement.

THanks fory our cooperation

RJ

2. brettw

brettw New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Why does it say I'm not allowed to post in that section when I made a thread in it last night?

3. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1213455986

Check out he link above. There have been some changes to the Trading post and Counter rules, You are now required to have 25 post to access these two parts of KTOG.

4. brettw

brettw New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    alright thanks

5. brettw

brettw New Member

Apr 6, 2008
  6. mikesus

mikesus New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Any reason that 25 posts was the limit? Just curious.

Seems to me that if someone wanted to be a scammer, they won't follow the rules no matter what.

(Gosh that sounds like gun control ;-) )

Just because someone has posted 25 times doesn't seem to be an indicator to me that they are a decent person
    to trade / deal with IMHO.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    We wanted some level of participation before using the TP.  You are correct that having made 25 posts is no guarantee that someone is honest, but it at least gives folks some insight into the individual, which is better than nothing.  Also, someone who is just coming here to scam people may not want to spend the time to make 25 posts.   Formerly, the setting to leave newbie status was 50 posts.  We felt that was too many, so when we instituted this requirement, we lowered that to 25.  As always, buyer beware still applies.

8. mikesus

mikesus New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Understand. Unfortunately the Internets can be a dangerous place for buying/selling. Even Ebay has gotten to the point that Feedback means almost nothing. ::)

9. ace20000001

ace20000001 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I just sent a PM to you and now I see the answer as stated in a post above there are a lot of scammers also a lot of pepole like me I like to read and do not have a lot to say as thi is your board and I am a guest I go by your rules it will be a long time until I get on the buy and sell board as 25 will take me a while .

10. redintex

redintex New Member

May 15, 2008
    It's a shame, but apparently a necessary evil...

11. got9toes

got9toes New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I've been a member since 2004 and only have 16 post. I would think 4 years would be enough to show I'm not a scammer.

12. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  13. ace20000001

ace20000001 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm here for info I own 3 kel teks

14. ccr

ccr Member

Sep 9, 2004
    will it update by itself when you have 25 posts?

15. ccr

ccr Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Well I quess it will :)

16. Radar

Radar New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I can understand the "need" for the limits: however, even the now-defunct Assault Weapons Ban had a grandfather clause.

Dave

17. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    That would involve hand culling something like 10,000 accounts.  I wouldn't wish that on a full time paid staffer!

:eek:

18. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, the only way to accomplish that would be for me to manually go in to all those profiles and do an admin edit to bump each users post count. Each member making a few posts would be a considerably less work for any one person, not to mention fun, too. Post up! ;)

19. ace20000001

ace20000001 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Like the man said make your 25 posts.

20. Radar

Radar New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Please accept my apologies. I'm not familiar with this program. I thought since you obviously can filter post count, you could filter join date as well. Apparently, you're only allowed one filter. Again, I apologize.

Thanks, Dave