Trading Post Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by beezer, Apr 29, 2010.

1. beezer

beezer New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    It seems most of the problems on the sight are in the Trading Post as I found out today. If so many people get dinged by using common sense when posting there it's quite apparent the rules need to be rewritten. Someone should go to the Classified section on other sites and gain some common knowledge as to how a classified section needs to run. It isn't rocket science but rather a natural progression of occurances.

Things I learned today:
    You can't post something for sale and have it for sale in another forum unless you state you have it for sale in another forum.

Another member told me you can't sell the same article as someone else has for sale at the same time the other member's article is for sale.

On other forums they encourage you to close your thread after you have sold an article as to not clutter up the classified section but not here.

Seems like things are kind of backwards here as opposed to the rest of the modern world and people are trying to get me to believe that this is the way things are really supposed to be  ;D

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Our Trading Post Rules are in fact a composite from several other gun sights.  They were developed over a period of years of experience with trades issues and are designed to reduce problems.

No they don't need re-writing.  They simply need to be read and followed.

Again, you should have learned that before you posted an ad.  The Rules are entitled, Trading Post Rules - Read Before Viewing.

Again, had you read them, you'd know that is certainly not true.

On some gunboards, perhaps.  On most, not true.  Most places want your trade record to stand and be available for others to see.

There is nothing backward about them and yes, I resent the insulting insinuation.  Please note the last line of the first paragraph in the Trading Post Rules.  It most definitely applies.

3. Since this is an open public thread I will voice my opinion freely.

I agree with beezer when he says:

I submit the following as a rule change:

PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING TRADING POST RULES:

Violate the trading post rules once, your post count gets busted down to ZERO with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was busted to zero.

Violate the trading post rules twice, your post count gets busted down to -100 with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was busted to -100.

Violate the trading post rules three times, BANNED from KTOG with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was banned.

Violate the trading post rules once then trash talk about the rules, mock the rest of the board members as if it is all a funny joke,  and then challenge the hard work of the folks that run this board?   BANISHED IMMEDIATELY.

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Dale I feel for you.

NAS, I agree with your sentiments...or maybe the rules should be even harsher than you suggest.

I'm on KTOG for up wards of 7-10 hours a day lately, since I've been laid up. I'm seeing 2-3 major Trading Post violations a week. This is ridiculous!

I see Dale make a post admonishing the offender, who often never even replies to his post. I see other Mods doing the same, mostly with no public reply from the offenders.

What's going on here? Do we need to rethink the Trading Post?  Maybe suspend it for a month?  Raise the post count to see the TP to 1000 or higher???

I know I'm not the only one fed up with this crap.

5. beezer

beezer New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Whoever thought selling some mags and a speedloader would get me banned.

6. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Follow the danged rules and it won't.

Look, it is YOUR responsibility to check and follow the laws for CCW when traveling thru another state...right? Or you'll go to jail.

Same thing with driving laws, drug laws, etc. Before I make a bike trip across country, I check the laws for the states I travel in...or else it's MY azz...no one else has the responsibility for my actions...just me.

So suck it up and follow the rules...or leave. It's that simple..

7. beezer

beezer New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    I'm only going to buy from now on.

Hope this helps :cool:

8. Posted here to provide further evidence of your willingness to disregard the rules the NEXT TIME you think your special and we are all ignorant.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1232205161

I doubt it will help at all.

9. beezer

beezer New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    I'm sorry I broke the rules guys. I'll try to be more attentive in the future. It truly was never my intent to step on any toes here. Thank you for being gentlemen about this and again I apologize.

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That's all that ever needed to be said. Thank you. Let's let it go. ;)

11. Justpasnthru

Justpasnthru New Member

May 8, 2010
    I think the smoke might be getting in your eyes..... ;) ;)

12. danielpotts81

danielpotts81 New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I submit the following as a rule change:

PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING TRADING POST RULES:

Violate the trading post rules once, your post count gets busted down to ZERO with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was busted to zero.

Violate the trading post rules twice, your post count gets busted down to -100 with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was busted to -100.

Violate the trading post rules three times, BANNED from KTOG with a public explanation by the moderator team as to why the offender was banned.

Violate the trading post rules once then trash talk about the rules, mock the rest of the board members as if it is all a funny joke, and then challenge the hard work of the folks that run this board? BANISHED IMMEDIATELY.

This was the best ideal ive heared, I laughed out loud. Im new here but i think it would work

13. mgraf

mgraf New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    St. Charles, MO
    I agree with danielpotts81, especially on the last part. Dont mock other peoples hard work and not expect consiquences to come from it.

14. ldnn

ldnn New Member

May 8, 2011
    I'm amazed as I read the comments of the OP...the rules are set by the owner of this Forum and if one doesn't like the rules he doesn't have to use the forum.

15. jbrannon2

jbrannon2 New Member

Feb 21, 2011
    why would a speed loader and mags get you banned?

16. jbrannon2

jbrannon2 New Member

Feb 21, 2011
    never mind i figured it out

17. johnny9

johnny9 New Member

May 25, 2011
    i hate waiting ::)