Trading Post is Gone!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by TxCajun, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't yet know what happened. Hopefully, Raymor can restore it from a backup.

2. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I just noticed that too, bummer :(

3. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I just hope whatever ate it isn't still hungry. :-/

4. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

I bet when we find Paul Nolan he has the trading post and a whole lot of ball point pens

5. tqtran

tqtran New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Yeah, I noticed that when I tried to reply to a thread.
    At first I thought it was a fluke until I saw this thread... :'(

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    When I saw this thread, I thought you might be getting rid of it on purpose...

7. Brett

Brett New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    The Trading Post has been traded for a Handal Jr. and an almost full box of .380 Silvertips.

8. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004

;D ;D ;D

That sounds like a pretty good deal, Pancho Villa must have ended up with it!!!

9. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
  10. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Funny thing is there's 109 pages of......nothing! Weird huh?? Kind of like that movie "Contact" with Jody Foster, she was transported to another world but the video equipment she had with her recorded 18 hours of nothing, but she was never transported they said. :-? :-? :-? Is this a new episode of the "Twlight Zone" maybe??? ;)

BamX2

11. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Maybe it's still there but "Big Brother" makes it look like we see 109 pages of nothing. ;D

12. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Trading post erased?

I just wanted to see if the problem with the trading post was solved. The reason why I ask this is because earlier today when I visited the trading post, I had administrator rights. I had the option to move, remove, etc. Of course, I didn't ::) It showed boxes that I could select to make these changes plus showed that I was an administrator. Could others have this ability? Maybe someone else had these rights also and erased everything? Something is fishy here. O-well. Just wondering.

13. powwowell

powwowell New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I can now see five posts.

14. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, Raymor says it's a cache issue.  He may soon be replacing the cache system with something better and less prone to such issues. We'll see what else we can come up with regarding the many threads that are still MIA.

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Re: Trading post erased?

Your "admin status" results from a mod that Raymor did to speed page loading.  What you are seeing is residual from the last person to visit the page, in that case, a moderator/admin.  However, the forum knows who you are.  If had clicked one of those buttons, you would have gotten an error message essentially saying "not authorized", etc.  In other words, it would not work, so no one "erased" the forum.  It is a cache issue.  

There is a thread on the TP situation in the Admin Forum.  In fact, I'm going to move this thread to that forum and then splice it to the existing thread.

16. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Yep I pmed RJ yesterday and told him I had admin rights at the trading post. Then poof they were gone.

17. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    I'm not sure what happened to the trading post forum,
    though my guess is a bug in the script related to two
    people posting at the exact same time. I'm pretty sure
    this one is NOT cache related like some of our more
    minor issues are. Anyway I restored the last few weeks
    of posts.

18. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
  19. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    FYI, from the looks of things it appears that I now have admin privleges in the Trading Post. There is a place for me to sticky, remove, move threads, etc. I am sure this is a glitch and I won't mess with anything.

<EDIT> Just read Reply #14 from TX. I guess there is nothing to worry about.