*TRADED* OBD-II USB Adapter Trade?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TechnoTherapist, Apr 5, 2010.

1. TechnoTherapist

TechnoTherapist New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I'll make the same offer here that I made on FaceBook... not looking to sell, just trade one OBD-II USB adapter for another.

A few weeks ago I installed another CarPuter for a client, who decided at the last minute, that he had to have an OBD-II adapter tied in with his new system and was willing to pay extra if I could install it right then.  Truth be told, I should have said no, that I'd order him one and would install it at his convenience, but I like money.  So with his approval, I yanked mine out of my car, as it's only a few months old, was hidden behind the dash, and still looks brand new.

I ordered my replacement from a new supplier, who I won't be doing business with again, as he has a "no refunds or exchanges" policy... which just isn't conducive for the work that I do.  Sometimes people just change their minds on what they want for a CarPuter.

Truth be told, I apparently wasn't paying enough attention and ordered the incorrect OBD-II adapter, and it will not work with my car.

So here I sit... with an ELM 323 USB OBD-II adapter, with software, that supports ISO9141 and KWP2000 protocols ONLY, and I need one that supports PWM.

To brake it down for everyone:
    There are three main protocols used for OBD-II compliance.

ISO, PWM, and VPW

Ford mainly uses PWM, GM uses VPW, and pretty much everyone else uses ISO.

So... Anyone have a working OBD-II USB adapter for PWM protocol that they want to trade, before I give this one away and buy another?

[​IMG]

Cy

2. TechnoTherapist

TechnoTherapist New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Traded locally. Thanks for reading.

Cy