Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.44 mag was just getting too expensive, and I was the only person in my "shooting circle" that had one, because everyone else runs. 357... so in order to conform and save a little money on ammo (not to mention get all my people to kick in on a reload setup) I went for a .357. Stopped into my lgs and came up with these, stainless Ruger GP100 6in, and a KT p3at! The ruger is a badass, and I have always loved the rubber with wood insert stocks. The 3at was a great deal, and filled out the rest of the trade value of the smith. I have never been a huge .380 fan, but I wanted a pocket pistol (for those "light" days, lol) and .380 is cheaper than .32 by a good stretch, so it was all just meant to be. I also spent most of last night making my first pocket holster. All materials came from hobby lobby.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Well, sorry you had to turn in your mancard, but you did get some nice toys for it. ;)
I do like those combo grips. I'm betting you won't even feel the .38's you might run thru it. what is that holster made of? Did you rob an elf maybe? Is the plan to front pocket carry that p3? I rear pocket mine, and made a spacer to give the holster a more 'wallety' print. I also skipped the hobby lobby, and pulled a nail apron out of a dumpster to make mine. It is now 4 years old, and to ugly to stop working.
Take care,
be safe,
Lop

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lol @ mancard... more like the. 44 had to go away because I had to turn in my visa card. Its 50 bucks a box at walmart around here. 100 bucks to punch paper for an hour at the range feels like strip club spending to me (all looky, nooo touchy)...

The holster is green suede, it was the thickest stock they had, and I wanted to try my hand at this before I ruined any nice leather. I bought a Speedy-Stitcher awl and some waxed twine, and it was pretty easy to run, that one took about 3 hours blank sheet design to finished. I have some ideas for version 2, coming soon.

The p3 is mostly a bug to my p11, so I just want it in my pocket not snagging anything for now, but I'm thinking a combo flashlight/p11 spare mag/cold steel mini beavertail pouch with a removeable holster is coming. Sounds complex, right?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on the Ruger GP100 Great caliber for a range and home defense gun. I keep my 357 loaded with some nasty 38+P rounds for home defense because a 6 ft flame sure does wonders on your night vision. First time I seen the wood and rubber grips...cool.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I bought my S&W 629 classic (8 3/8) in 44 REM MAG after re-visiting Dirty Harry clips on YouTube. I thought it would be a novelty but I love to shoot it. Very accurate, nice little kick and it gets a lot of comments at the range. Did I say I really like shooting it? Now if I could only find an IWB Remora...LOL! I'll never sell mine. I shot some 44 specials throuh mine and it was no funn...like shooting a cap gun. I'll shoot the rest of those in my Rossi Ranch Hand(which is not fun to shoot in 44 MAG)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Grats on the new piece! Nice work on the holster, I have no skill with things like that, and rarely manage a usable item.

I will never give up my 44s, but even reloading them can be a little expensive -- twice the powder of anything else and slightly more expensive per bullet, so the total is a bit more than most.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
That Ruger will be a good range gun and cheaper to shoot than the .44mag. I have both calibers and don't shoot the .44 just because it's pretty expensive.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think you did well to suit your purpose. I like all 3 guns involved in the trade. I hope to some day own a magnaported smith mountain gun in 44 mag.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts