Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for generic laminated wood Romanian lower handguard.  Like off a WASR or similar.  Matching upper handguard would be a plus.  I plan to refinish so current finish is not critical.  However, I do not want cracks, splits, missing chunks, knotholes, deep gouges, carvings, etc.  I am looking for the standard shaped front hanguard, not the vertical grip style (I already have a verticle grip).  Handguard must be drilled for cleaning rod.

This is to be used on a Century GP1975 AK47 (made from Romanian parts kit).

Willing to trade for the polymer furniture that came on the above rifle: Tapco black polymer stock (minus swivel - which I already gave to another KTOG'er), Century black polymer upper and lower handguards.

I will be refinishing the lower handguard to go on the rifle pictured below, so you can get an idea of the "quality" of wood I am looking for.  BTW, all the wood you see below only cost $7.95, so it's not "quality", but it came without cracks, gouges, etc. so it refinished nicely.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: WTB/WTT Romanian AK wood lower handguard

Thanks. I responded back to you via PM also.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: WTB/WTT Romanian AK wood lower handguard

I'm not sure how to do this per the Trading Post rules, since I'm the one who initially posted and asked for a trade.  But here goes:

I'll take it

(Meaning the trade offered to me by Oldcop via PM.)  Hopefully this keeps me within the letter of the law for the Tading Post.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wanted to add that Haertig was great to deal with, provided excellent communication and shipped his end of the trade very quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts