TRADE COMPLETE: WTB/WTT Romanian AK handguard

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by haertig, Apr 22, 2011.

1. haertig

haertig Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado
    Looking for generic laminated wood Romanian lower handguard.  Like off a WASR or similar.  Matching upper handguard would be a plus.  I plan to refinish so current finish is not critical.  However, I do not want cracks, splits, missing chunks, knotholes, deep gouges, carvings, etc.  I am looking for the standard shaped front hanguard, not the vertical grip style (I already have a verticle grip).  Handguard must be drilled for cleaning rod.

This is to be used on a Century GP1975 AK47 (made from Romanian parts kit).

Willing to trade for the polymer furniture that came on the above rifle: Tapco black polymer stock (minus swivel - which I already gave to another KTOG'er), Century black polymer upper and lower handguards.

I will be refinishing the lower handguard to go on the rifle pictured below, so you can get an idea of the "quality" of wood I am looking for.  BTW, all the wood you see below only cost $7.95, so it's not "quality", but it came without cracks, gouges, etc. so it refinished nicely.

[​IMG]

2. Oldcop

Oldcop New Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Dallas,Texas area
    Re: WTB/WTT Romanian AK wood lower handguard

I sent you a PM.

3. haertig

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado

Thanks. I responded back to you via PM also.

4. haertig

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado

I'm not sure how to do this per the Trading Post rules, since I'm the one who initially posted and asked for a trade.  But here goes:

I'll take it

(Meaning the trade offered to me by Oldcop via PM.)  Hopefully this keeps me within the letter of the law for the Tading Post.

5. haertig

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado
    Re: TRADE PENDING: WTB/WTT Romanian AK handguard

Trade pending...

6. haertig

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado
    Trade complete

7. Oldcop

Oldcop New Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Dallas,Texas area
    Just wanted to add that Haertig was great to deal with, provided excellent communication and shipped his end of the trade very quickly.

8. haertig

Jun 14, 2008
    Colorado
    Ditto for Oldcop. Great to deal with.