Tractiongrips info: Clear Grips & Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Tractiongrips, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    Added New Info 04-09-10
    *** Clear Grips available
    *** Grips for Ruger LCP Available

2. RobzKT

RobzKT Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Texas
    Re: Poll... Would you buy clear Tractiongrips?

Before I vote...
    You mentioned in another thread that YOU could color the clear material in order to offer more colors, right?
    So you'd not only be offering 'Clear" as an option, you could tint the material Green, or Pink, or Blue, etc?

There might not be enough potential buyers that would buy "Clear", but if you can Tint the material, I believe there WOULD be plenty that would buy Colored grips. (just do periodic Small Batches at a time)

I might order Clear, but I'd be more tempted to buy something like "Sniper Green", or "Olive Green".
    Rob

3. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA

delete

4. RobzKT

RobzKT Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Texas

I'm thinking that this would allow me to use as a contrasting color for my Standard Black grip, to use similarly to aftermarket grip "inserts" sold for revolvers & such. I think having OD Green Inserts might look cooler than a completely green frame.

Oh No.... It'd be very tough to recoup your investment on Pre-Colored material. Dyeing them in Batches (as Needed) would be Much better if it works. I'll "pledge" to buy a set of clear, and/or Dyed, in order to Beta-Test them, for both wear and looks.
    Rob

5. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

Juvenile.  No excuse. Grow up.

Oh yeah. Apologize. Publically, on this forum.

B.

7. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA

delete

8. Ljutic

Ljutic New Member

Nov 12, 2009

So does the frosted let some of the color through? If I had to guess, this is probably like the clear grip tape that you can get for skateboards. Maybe about 30 to 40% of the original color comes through? If so, that sounds about awesome. I'm in for a set or maybe two if I can find a PF-9.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Normally, the TP is restricted to threads listing WTS, WTT, WTB, etc.  It is not really a forum for conducting market research.    However, posting it elsewhere would not be appropriate either as it is obviously commerce related.  

I don't get this remark.  If it was supposed to be funny, you failed.  If it was supposed to be offensive, you were successful. Perhaps you can explain - then apologize.

10. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA

delete

11. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006

Maybe Morgan has a disability- Tourettes possibly ?
    Speak up son, explain yourself.

12. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006

Is that a one piece wrap around in the photo?

13. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA

delete

14. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Guys, I am sorry for the post yesterday. I diden't even know about it until one of the mods. alerted me of it.
    I'm only on here when I'm at work and it seems one of my co-workers, if you can call them that, caught me away from my computer and thought that it was hilarious. I only get on here to talk about pocket pistols, I won't let that happen again. :-[ :-[

15. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008

Don makes a great product. I've used his grips on several guns with great success. Most recently, I used a panel from a universal set on the butt plate of my Hi-Point 995 carbine. The gun just would not stay put on my shoulder. As y'all know, I only have one arm that works so I need a gun to "stick" to my shoulder in order for me to be able to use it. With the universal panel in place, problem solved. My wife even commented that she liked the handling of the gun better with the Tractiongrip material in place. I'm certain I will buy from Don again in the future.

The "clear" grip material is an interesting idea. I didn't vote in the poll because none of the responses were right for me. If it were truly clear, I know I would buy some but the more translucent nature gives me pause. Please understand I'm not making a disparaging comment; I'm just responding to the poll. However, if Don can find a dye that is colorfast, I'm pretty confidant I'd buy the dyed grips for a couple of projects I've got on the back burner as it were. The only problem there would be is whether or not the material has open pores that will accept the dye molecules. If it will, I think the dyed grips will sell well.

Don, PM sent.

16. Re: Poll... Would you buy clear Tractiongrips?

You apparently are not sorry about the post at all, as the post is still on the board.

Does this excuse sound vaguely familiar?

17. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009

Tractiongrips, PM from me in your box.

18. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Nu_agin_shooter,

I apologized. If you believe me or not, that's your business. I don't care.

I was nice as possible about it after i was notified of it, don't call me a liar.

19. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    Would you buy clear Tractiongrips? Green? new pic

I custom mixed a dye solution that includes some acetone to help it absorb into the material.  I really like the green color, but I used the dye on gray material instead of with clear material.  I'm posting a picture to show what the color looks like, but it got washed out a lot in the picture.  I hand dyed a chunk of material, then had to clean it several times until it didn't transfer dye residue onto a white patch cloth.  It's a very labor intensive process, but I may offer a few sets of green P3AT grips fairly soon.  The clear material doesn't seem to take the dye very well, but I'm still playing with the stuff.  Here is a picture of the green grip panel on a gray P3AT grip.  Comments are more than welcome!
    [​IMG]

20. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009

I think it looks really good. I would be interested to see them on a green grip. Even if the dying process ends up not being cost effective, I would still like to see a full set of clear grip panels on a P-3AT grip. IMO that little strip you showed earlier didn't give a good idea of what a full set would look like. Just my thoughts.

--David