Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my KT p3at. Love it so far. But I'm unclear about one thing: I thought the p3at had a slide hold-open feature? Is that just the p32?

Sorry for the noob question. I did run a search for "slide hold open" got pretty much nothing (for those that care about searching first).

Thanks for the help.

joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a problem. This is going to take some getting used to, though... I've never owned a pistol without this function. It was quite difficult to take it down and to hold the slide open while I checked the bore (in the store). At any rate, I really like this new little BUG. I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

joe

·
Banned
7,638 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Thanks Packer!

I've been thinking about attacking this mod myself and now I see exactly what's involved. It's a tad bit beyond the capabilities of the equipment I have in my shop at the moment but I definitely see what's involved now.

KT needs to make you an honorary gunsmith and put you on the review board for all future designs.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Thanks db! I'd settle for getting one of the new SG P-11s, which I'm beginning to believe I invented before THEY thought of it.  :cool:

Actually, with a milling machine, this would be an easy mod. I did it with a Dremel and files to see if ANYBODY could do it. It IS possible. All you need to do is find one of those Wilson $100 specials to do it to without much risk.

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
wheelguy said:
You have so many excellent ideas that actually work! You should be in business doing this stuff. Oh, I forgot, you are already independently wealthy  ;)
Thanks wheelguy! If only it were so. The way I've been spending thousands for shop construction & machinery lately, I wish I were. But alas, I'm only reaping the benefit of a good credit rating. SOMEDAY I will have to pay the piper--But not today. :D

I would LIKE to offer this (slide lock) mod as a kit, requiring only a drilled hole in frame and a filed notch in the slide, (both from a stick-on template) but the lowest I could get the price is $100 including a brand new grip. I doubt anybody would want to buy it at that price.

Packer.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Wow, I had no idea - you totally rock, dude :cool:

You're sure right about $100 being the wrong price point for that mod. $30 - ok, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to make that happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.