Total Noob question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by the_joe, Mar 29, 2008.

1. the_joe

the_joe New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I just got my KT p3at. Love it so far. But I'm unclear about one thing: I thought the p3at had a slide hold-open feature? Is that just the p32?

Sorry for the noob question. I did run a search for "slide hold open" got pretty much nothing (for those that care about searching first).

Thanks for the help.

joe

2. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    The P3AT doesnt have it like the P32. I miss that feature also.,

3. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Joe,
    I'm sorry ... Welcome and enjoy your new KT.

4. the_joe

the_joe New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Not a problem. This is going to take some getting used to, though... I've never owned a pistol without this function. It was quite difficult to take it down and to hold the slide open while I checked the bore (in the store). At any rate, I really like this new little BUG. I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

joe

5. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
  6. KS.G36

KS.G36 Guest

Maybe just a little bitty storm window ?? With a screen to keep the bugs out?

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Thanks Packer!

I've been thinking about attacking this mod myself and now I see exactly what's involved. It's a tad bit beyond the capabilities of the equipment I have in my shop at the moment but I definitely see what's involved now.

KT needs to make you an honorary gunsmith and put you on the review board for all future designs.

8. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      Thanks db! I'd settle for getting one of the new SG P-11s, which I'm beginning to believe I invented before THEY thought of it.  :cool:

Actually, with a milling machine, this would be an easy mod. I did it with a Dremel and files to see if ANYBODY could do it. It IS possible. All you need to do is find one of those Wilson $100 specials to do it to without much risk.

Packer.

9. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    You have so many excellent ideas that actually work! You should be in business doing this stuff. Oh, I forgot, you are already independently wealthy ;)

10. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Thanks wheelguy! If only it were so. The way I've been spending thousands for shop construction & machinery lately, I wish I were. But alas, I'm only reaping the benefit of a good credit rating. SOMEDAY I will have to pay the piper--But not today. :D

I would LIKE to offer this (slide lock) mod as a kit, requiring only a drilled hole in frame and a filed notch in the slide, (both from a stick-on template) but the lowest I could get the price is $100 including a brand new grip. I doubt anybody would want to buy it at that price.

Packer.

11. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Wow, I had no idea - you totally rock, dude :cool:

You're sure right about $100 being the wrong price point for that mod. $30 - ok, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to make that happen.