Torture test results

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pahandgunner, Jul 11, 2008.

1. pahandgunner

pahandgunner New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I've been carrying my P-3at daily for the last 6 weeks. When I work around the house it's with me. Dirty, dusty work then shoot it 20-30 rounds (Using various ammo) back in the pocket (in a nemesis). More dust, lint etc. shoot it some more a week later. Back in the pocket, I almost felt sorry for it but this was a test. See all the lint building up on the back of the hammer, shoot it some more, and back in the pocket, with a M+P 9C for backup because I do know if I can trust it at this point. Finally, after about 150 rounds over 6 weeks time (and lots of dirt) I just had to clean it.
    Since the trip back to the factory even without a fluf/buff it is working flawlessly. :) :)

2. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Sounds like you're really putting that little gun through the paces!

3. pahandgunner

pahandgunner New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I just want to trust it when I know it's not perfectly clean and lubed. I just about do. But I pamper it more now.

4. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Glad to hear your little guy is performing well for you.

The only time mine has ever had a problem was after carrying it around for about 3 months without cleaning it. I had two failures to extract in two magazines. It was clean (aside from lint), but was bone dry. Now I clean it every two weeks, whether I have shot it or not. So far I've had zero problems.

5. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    i don't know why at times there's such a stink,this really is a great carry piece and when taken care of it performs flawlessly.....

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I think:

1) because a very few of them do have some issues; and
    2) people want the gun to work without doing their part.

-Scott

7. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    My 3AT has worked so well that I didn't have to do anything for break in. I finally did polish the feed ramp because I felt guilty for having my gun work so well while others were having problems. It took me about 10 seconds with a Dremel tool and some polishing compound. I have about 250 rounds of various types/brands through mine with zero problems. That's correct. Zero!

I love my KelTec and seldom leave home without it.

Oh wait, I did file down the magazine release due to it releasing in my back pocket holster. That isn't really a defect but I fixed it so the mag stays in place until I want it to release.

Billy

8. Forge

Forge New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Thanks for posting. I've been considering buying one of these for a pocket gun when I can't conceal my full size Glock.