Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 yr old and 12 yr old went with my father in law and myself to the shooting range. I took my P3A-T and pops took his .22 rifle (not sure which)..

I also borrowed a .22 Ruger from the range for my boys to shoot as well.. They became very comfortable and accurate with them. They blew through 400 rounds and were still rearing for more.

I shot about 100 rounds through my .380 All the ammo was frangible though which kinda stunk but that's what the range close to home allows..

I'll try to post pics too.. there were a couple other guys that were shooting. one had a .22 sniper rifle w/ a scope that my boys fell in love with too.

<runs off to try and post pics from my phone>

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
That is SO COOL

Im doing the same thing with GRAND kids though.

Keep it up, and they will become better shot than you.:D

My 10 yr old GS can outshoot me now,(course my blind uncle and and his blind mule can also).

Jim

Oh yeah , now get a part time job, just to BUY guns.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah , now get a part time job, just to BUY guns.
^ This LOL

They were shooting really accurate w/ the .22's... I was impressed and they were very proud of their accuracy.. we were all so stoked and 'high on gunpowder' when we left.. Can't wait to take them back next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
^ This LOL

They were shooting really accurate w/ the .22's... I was impressed and they were very proud of their accuracy.. we were all so stoked and 'high on gunpowder' when we left.. Can't wait to take them back next week.
Awesome Daddymikey!:) They will be an A shooter when they grow up. Ive been teaching my 10 year old son too. In fact he has his own Sig Mosquito which he's very familiar with from using it and cleaning it with my supervision afterwards. He has to know everything from how to use it, reloading, and most of all, gun safety and discipline.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
This is fantastic. :)

I have to ask, though... Frangible .22LR?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
34 Posts
daddymikey1975 said:
My 9 yr old and 12 yr old went with my father in law and myself to the shooting range.
Awesome! My youngest daughter (now 12, started when she was 10) has become my shooting buddy and gets annoyed if I ever go to the range w/o her. This past fall, she joined our clubs NRA/Winchester Youth Marksmanship Program and has been competing with .22 rifles both individually and as part of a team. I highly recommend this program .

ForumRunner_20120420_092848.jpg

ForumRunner_20120420_092950.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
That is a cool looking range. All we have are paper-only places, I miss shooting at fun targets.

Get them started young, that is the key. Nobody wants to discover they like the sport right as their eyes start to go...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Very cool stuff - teaching kids/grandkids to shoot, respect the gun and most of all - have fun! I am looking forward to teaching my twins in a couple of years. Thanks for the pics they help make it feel a bit like we were there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lklawson said:
This is fantastic. :)

I have to ask, though... Frangible .22LR?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yeah frangible. Sucks but its their rules.

Can't believe they blew through over 400 rounds of .22 caliber though..very awesome feeling when they hit the target and they get excited about it ( I was excited and very proud)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jonnin said:
That is a cool looking range. All we have are paper-only places, I miss shooting at fun targets.

Get them started young, that is the key. Nobody wants to discover they like the sport right as their eyes start to go...
Next time I'm there I'll get better pics of the range. They have tactical range too as well as live moving target range.

Google "Kodiak firing range south bend" for info I can't remember their website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts