Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my P3AT out to give it a test drive again after a year.

The last time I had it out, I had FTE which seems to have been fixed by the sharp extractor that KT sent me.

I went out Sunday and put 50rds through her and kept getting FTFeeds. It happed about once a mag and it didn't matter which of the two mags I used. I would fire a round, the slide would stay back and all I had to do was give it a little bump on the rear and it would return to battery and be good to go.

I was using Federal American Eagle ball ammo.

Do you think a careful dab of Flitz polish and a Q-Tip on the feed ramp would solve the problem?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
pete156 said:
Do you think a careful dab of Flitz polish and a Q-Tip on the feed ramp would solve the problem?
I’m not sure that would be sufficient. A good F&B would likely cure your P-3ATs ills but consider finger extensions too. Remember that as the rounds are fired the pistol gets lighter which makes it more susceptible to limpwristing.

Wilson – who’s not passing up an opportunity to post a picture :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can you get the floorplates with the extension for a reasonable price?

I have a bersa thunder .380 floorplate I could steal in the meantime. I am correct in that it will work also?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
pete156 said:
Where can you get the floorplates with the extension for a reasonable price?
The Bersa Thunder finger extension is a direct replacement. The thinner but longer finger extension is a NAA Guardian, which requires minor modification described on this page http://www.geocities.com/PocketGuns/P32ext.html (P-32 & P-3AT both accept it and there is a link for purchasing it). There are several places you can find the Bersa Thunder extension. Here’s one http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/parts_380lt_mat.php ( part 48 ).

Wilson – who’s is solely responsible for keeping Bersa & NAA in business by promoting their finger extensions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.