Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems like a great concept.
Not sure about the value.
I've got Subs in 9&40.
I've got a hankering for another .45 ACP carbine/pistol.

I like my Hi-Point 4595, but those Glock mags sure are a big draw...

And then there's the 10mm, and .22lr parts for the TNW ASR...

· Registered
387 Posts
The CMMG Guard/Banshee system has a two-piece delayed blowback. It is functionally equivalent to rollers (HK) or lever (Kirali): the bottom of the case acts on the first half of the bolt, and the linkage is such that it provides a mechanical disadvantage while accelerating the second half of the bolt. {Update: The benefit of this complexity is a much lighter bolt, and therefore less recoil (the bolt travel speed and the impulse, m*V, are both smaller). The difference is most noticeable on .45 caliber guns.}

Bazooka Brothers used to sell blowback carbines, but they switched to selling RMW Extreme's DI uppers in .45 ACP when Olympic Arms went out of business.

Flint River Armory make a piston-driven upper for .45 ACP.

My personal favourite is CMMG, primarily because it the closest to a normal AR and because the bolt stop works in their gun. Guns that utilize Grease Gun magazines or .45 Uzi magazines cannot have the last-round hold feature.

· Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
I have the Just Right Carbines 10mm take down carbine in my Bud's Gun Shop wishlist but haven't quite bit on that yet. If someone made a 30 round Glock compatible 10mm magazine, I'd get the JRC 10mm. I wonder why SGM and the Korean Glock compatible magazine manufacturers have been sitting on that gold mine for so long. I'm starting to think I'm going to need to make a hi-cap kit (sleeve and spring) to double the capacity of a Glock 10mm magazine. :)

· Registered
27 Posts
I've been a little disappointed in my Hi-Point .45 carbine. Not much velocity gain from the longer barrel. I assume a limitation of the short case relative to bore. Don't know that I would buy another carbine in that caliber. Would definitely be interested in a carbine, preferably delayed-action, that could use Glock 10mm magazines.

· Registered
563 Posts
Took me a while to figure out, yes... semi auto, and Glock magazines. Doesn't say so that I could find on their website. Strange. Hickok45 to the rescue!

Been jones'n for a 45 carbine, not sure yet as to what.

· Registered
2,824 Posts
Been jones'n for a 45 carbine, not sure yet as to what.
This one has been a favorite for years:D:

...And your friends will actually want to shoot it!
I shot Lop's Thompson. One of the softest shooters there is. Like a slight shove, not recoil.
And since the rounds come up from the mag horizontal (like God intended:rolleyes:) instead of angled like in a grip, it does not know the meaning of the word "FTF".
You can literally shoot it all day:). (the drum attachment helps):

Very fun gun to shoot!

· Registered
563 Posts
Aye, but the Tommy is a heavy beastie! Ever shot one full auto? I have! Control is no problem, because when its firing the recoil literally offsets the weight perfectly and the gun just seems to "hang" in the air on its own. That is, until you suffer post ammo letdown.

· Registered
2,824 Posts
That is, until you suffer post ammo letdown.
I always wondered what the proper name for that was:D;).
I always called it "empty-ammo-box-syndrome"
Green Black Yellow Head Text
The Tommy may be heavy but while others are discussing what types of ammo their guns won't shoot/doesn't like/jams with, they ask the Tommy-owner what ammo his prefers, he will reply something like: "umm, loaded?"

· Registered
55 Posts
I have the TNW ASR in 10mm. I really dig it. I have the 30rd Glock compatible SGM mags for it and it’s been flawless. Easy take down and operation. I had a JRC in 9mm and it was finicky. Just my experience. All my HiPoint carbines have been flawless as well. Just fun little plinkers. The Banshee is on my radar.

· Registered
55 Posts
I just picked up another TNW. The Aero Survival Pistol chambered in.45. I bought it used for a good price. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I’m sure it will run like a champ.

· Registered
55 Posts
This one has been a favorite for years:D:

...And your friends will actually want to shoot it!
I shot Lop's Thompson. One of the softest shooters there is. Like a slight shove, not recoil.
And since the rounds come up from the mag horizontal (like God intended:rolleyes:) instead of angled like in a grip, it does not know the meaning of the word "FTF".
You can literally shoot it all day:). (the drum attachment helps):

Very fun gun to shoot!
I had one. Had the guitar case and drum mag, the whole set up. Great gun! My only issue was the weight. Super heavy, hence the light recoil. Really high quality well built firearm. For me, a fun plinker and a great collectible, just not very practical. I do miss it sometimes though.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have the TNW ASR in 10mm. I really dig it. I have the 30rd Glock compatible SGM mags for it and it’s been flawless. Easy take down and operation. I had a JRC in 9mm and it was finicky. Just my experience. All my HiPoint carbines have been flawless as well. Just fun little plinkers. The Banshee is on my radar.

As I’m considering diving into the ASR would you be able to answer a few questions? I have seen reliability issues etc and wondered if you have experienced anything? If so what did you do to solve them? Any other information you find relevant is appreciated as well. The other option being the Banshee. Trying to decide if the Vanshee is worth the triple price point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts