Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother had a good Timney Trigger on his AR-15. He ended up getting a different style trigger again, so he asked me if I'd want his good Timney Trigger.

Would that work in the PLR-16? Does is use a normal AR-15 trigger?

Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
No it wont work. It uses its own trigger not compatible with ar triggers. There are aftermarket triggers now made for the plr/su from mcarbo, red lion precision, and performance services. And even a lighter trigger spring from mcarbo.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If we were lucky enough to have them work we would be upgrading them with ar triggers. But unfortunately they dont work. Check out those companies for triggers. I have the performance services trigger in my su16 with mcarbo trigger spring and its a dream to shoot now. Big difference compared to the stock trigger and spring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well speedmaster...I decided to get the MCARBO trigger job bundle...trigger, spring, upgraded screws, and grease. Made sense with the free shipping over $50 to bundle instead of just the trigger and spring.

Hope I can follow the video with relative ease and install this! I may ask a question on here if I get stuck :) Thanks for the advice, hope it makes a difference!

Any reason why you chose the performance services trigger over the mcarbo?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I got it before mcarbo came out with their own trigger. Plus i like the look of the skeletonized version i got. It was different. I think they are all equal. Happy install. It wasn't as hard as i thought. Follow the directions and watch the youtube video. Just go slow and use skinny zip ties and take your time. Well worth it. Congrats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The mcarbo videos are excellent. I have completed trigger swaps on my Sub2k and PLR16. I tried the Sub2k without the video first; fail... The videos are super easy to follow!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Mcarbo video of the spring is what i watched to change the trigger. It was before their trigger came out. Best add on to my su16. Goes nicely with the pistol grip and side folding adapter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.