Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Timeline--Mr. Fuselier & Nickel Plating

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  bergners 
#1 ·
Sent in the complete slide assembly (minus barrel recoil springs and rod) to Mr. Fuselier today to have it nickel plated. Today being the 30th, when should I expect it back? Anybody that has had it done have an ETA date?

I didn't send in the assembly pin, he advised against it. He said that even though the plating is extremely thin, it may be thick enough to interfere with being able to insert it making it necessary to use a fine grit sandpaper and sand some of the plating off. He said that if it does fit it, even though the plating is thin, it might interfere with proper cycling of the slide between shots.

If this job on my .380 turns out as good as some of the other guys, I'll be sending the slide for the P-32 in for plating. I carry them in my pocket bare, no pocket/wallet holster. Don't worry about persperation--I clean and lube them about every other day.

Any estimates of when I might get it back would be appreciated.

Thanks

#8 ·
Received it in the mail today--13 days exactly. Went to the Post Office and sent the slide in for the my P32 for him to do it as well. I carry them bare in my pants pocket so this will help with any perspreation problems. No pictures yet, the computer that has the digital capabilities has a bad keyboard. As so as I get a new keyboard I'll post some pics, may wait until I get the P32 back so I can show them both.

Oh, might throw in the new toy I bought this past Saturday, a Sig Sauer P238 (380). Haven't shot it yet but if shoots anything like other Sigs I've shot it's going to be SWEET!

#9 ·
Took only 9 days instead of the three weeks I had allotted. Looks great, but the plating cannot hide even minor pitting. Anyone considering this should send it in before sweat causes rust. I carry in a shirt holster while running or hiking. It often becomes very wet. No more rust after the plating.

#15 ·
ktog member DaveNC sells a great metal mag catch on the trading post forum here. i've had one for the past year and love it. i agree that the search capabilities here are limited. i usually go to google and use the following syntax

metal mag catch P3AT site:ktog.org

the "site:ktog.org" after the search terms filters results only from the ktog.org site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.