Timeline--Mr. Fuselier & Nickel Plating

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RC_Pilot, Mar 30, 2010.

1. RC_Pilot

RC_Pilot New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Sent in the complete slide assembly (minus barrel recoil springs and rod) to Mr. Fuselier today to have it nickel plated. Today being the 30th, when should I expect it back? Anybody that has had it done have an ETA date?

I didn't send in the assembly pin, he advised against it. He said that even though the plating is extremely thin, it may be thick enough to interfere with being able to insert it making it necessary to use a fine grit sandpaper and sand some of the plating off. He said that if it does fit it, even though the plating is thin, it might interfere with proper cycling of the slide between shots.

If this job on my .380 turns out as good as some of the other guys, I'll be sending the slide for the P-32 in for plating. I carry them in my pocket bare, no pocket/wallet holster. Don't worry about persperation--I clean and lube them about every other day.

Any estimates of when I might get it back would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. handicomp

handicomp Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    It usually takes Jack about two weeks, but it depends if yours happens to arrive when he has others ready to do, it could be sooner.

Ron

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Took my last one 13 days, round trip.

4. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Hey I dropped mine off at the P.O. for him yesterday as well & will be sure to follow up when it gets back. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

5. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
  6. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    She was sittin' in the mailbox today when I got home and you're right - I love it. Ran a mag through it, cleaned it and it won't be leaving my pocket anytime soon :)

I see a nickel plated P32 in my future...

7. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Any pictures of it?

8. RC_Pilot

RC_Pilot New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Received it in the mail today--13 days exactly. Went to the Post Office and sent the slide in for the my P32 for him to do it as well. I carry them bare in my pants pocket so this will help with any perspreation problems. No pictures yet, the computer that has the digital capabilities has a bad keyboard. As so as I get a new keyboard I'll post some pics, may wait until I get the P32 back so I can show them both.

Oh, might throw in the new toy I bought this past Saturday, a Sig Sauer P238 (380). Haven't shot it yet but if shoots anything like other Sigs I've shot it's going to be SWEET!

9. mtnman

mtnman New Member

May 1, 2008
    Took only 9 days instead of the three weeks I had allotted. Looks great, but the plating cannot hide even minor pitting. Anyone considering this should send it in before sweat causes rust. I carry in a shirt holster while running or hiking. It often becomes very wet. No more rust after the plating.

10. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    [​IMG]

I also sent my P32 off to have the same thing done yesterday. Great minds think alike.  :)

11. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    Is that a metal mag catch?

I've been gone for a while and just got my P38T's out and cleaned up for summer carry.

12. Very sweet lil guns. Post a range report in other guns after you give it a run!

13. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    That looks great!
    How much does it cost?

14. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    Not sure if the price is still up to date but here is the link:

http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html

If someone could provide me with a link to the person that sells the metal mag releases for .38t's I'd be much obliged.  

Never mind, just found the metal mag catch guys info on another website. The search function on this bb sucks.

15. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    ktog member DaveNC sells a great metal mag catch on the trading post forum here. i've had one for the past year and love it. i agree that the search capabilities here are limited. i usually go to google and use the following syntax

metal mag catch P3AT site:ktog.org

the "site:ktog.org" after the search terms filters results only from the ktog.org site.

16. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Plating for mine was $30 + $5 because it was parkerized

The mag catch is metal, bought from a member here several years ago but I can't remember who. Definitely interested in acquiring more of them!

17. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Is the nickle plating matte or polished finish?

SteveB

18. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I would say it's a slightly shiny matte finish. Not polished.

19. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    I think it's sandblasted to a matte texture before plating unless you pay extra to have the flats smoothed.

20. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Sounds good, thanks.

SteveB